would you wear this?

I have a picture of some idiot while I was in Rome Italy, who was wearing a harley jacket while riding a vespa (italian scooter) Guess that tells you my opinion of how you will look while riding a busa, but sporting the harley logo.

Leather is great. Sell the harley jacket, and buy something that fits what you are riding. or.. put some tassles on your grips, clutch lever, and brake lever and keep the harley jacket.

Does my imitation leather genuine "Hardly Davidson" thong count as, uuhhmm, gear? Want to see it?......on?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Moondog, good to see ya postin but if you post that pic.... hmm... you owe some folks some beers at Cyclefest next year !!!
cool.gif
cool.gif

cool.gif

To answer your question,

If the jacket has anything on it representing a cruiser in some way then its prob wrong. And by wrong I mean , well,,,,,
It just wouldnt look right. I seen a guy the other day wearing a shoei roberts 2tc6 helm and riding a harley, well it just didnt look right. Really, you'd have to of seen this. I do give the guy credit for wearing a lid but he looked rediculous.

Oh nothing against cruisers by the way I happen to love all bikes.
wink.gif

Sell it on ebay for 2 or 3 times what you paid and then buy the Suzuki Championship jacket you want. I have both the Suzuki Championship jackets, Textile and Teather. And love em. Wifey says their gawdy but I like them.

David

SWEET, wear the jacket. And when the big bad hardley riders see you get on the "RICE ROCKET" they'll fall over in utter disbelief! And make sure you take a pic..
laugh.gif

I have a Harley Jacket that Iwear on occasion. I got it for close to nothing (in regards to Harley gear) and I like the way the jacket looks. I do not wear it on my sport bikes, I would spend too much time smacking the taste out of peeps who felt compelled to give me ####.. Wear what you can afford, and if it's a Harley Jacket and you ride a Busa then have at it.. Or sell it as stated earlier and buy what you realluy want with the money..

I think most people will assume you own both a hardley and Hayabusa. That said, I still wouldn't wear it. The back of that thing is just too over the top hardley...you'll look like a rolling bill board.
laugh.gif

You don't seem to like it which means you'll always be self conscious...why take away from the fun of riding? Sell it for a profit and get what you'll be comfortable with.

Now I've got a good friend who has no shame at all. He's got the most perfect showroom condition V-65 Magna I've ever laid eye's on. Instead of being proud of his classic Honda and wearing something Honda oriented, everytime we go out riding he's wearing a new sleeveless hardley shirt with a hardley doorag or hat. He'll wear them to motorcycle shows, Hooters bike night, biker restaurants ect. It's to the point that I just shake my head and bite my tongue as he gets pissed when I make fun of him.
smile.gif
He definitely has the hardley mindset, just the wrong bike...hell you couldn't even pay him to wear a helmet let alone gear of any type.

What up? First of all I know I dont post much but most of my questions are answered by reading. I have a black mesh first gear jacket, but i've read that leather would give you the best protection. I cant afford the suzuki jacket that I like but, ive just got a deal i couldnt pass up on a leather harley american legend jacket. For protection i didnt think twice about it until i got home and my wife and daughter gave me sh**t  about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My question is would you wear this jacket for saftey or sell and stick with mesh?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?  PS.   ITS A REALLY NICE JACKET.............
screw the mesh old bird! in my opinion, i don't think that the mesh would hold up in a crash. i had a similar situation and bought a low budget leather riding jacket that is black w/ a organge bar across the chest and back. if you can afford the jacket, get it! safety first. don't worry about what it says because it is just another name. did i mention a marketing ##### as well.
biggrin.gif
happy riding

rock.gif

rock.gif

have a hard core hd guy at work , i get lots of hand me down hd propaganda from my uncle i just love gettin off the busa at work takin off my jacket and seein the look on his face !
mad.gif
he just shakes his head , walks away , and mutters under his breath "your not right ,there is somthing wrong with you !!!!!!!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
" kinda makes my day !
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
better than doin a 160 mph drive by !
biggrin.gif
i have enough hd shirts that i could wear a different one for 4 months strait !
biggrin.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

i can here the hd boys talkin , man this guy blew by us on a brand new harley davidson , this thing was so fast !!!!!!!!!!!
tounge.gif

Thanks for all the advice, iam gonna try and take the jacket out for a ride this weekend.(and see how it feels) If I cant get used to it i'll probably sell it and save up for the one i really want.Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wear the HD jacket, I have had Harleys for 10 years, put over 100,000 miles on 3 of the six. I or nobody I ride with would say anything.

Most of the people that would say anything would be the posers anyway, be it the Harley guy's or the Squid both camps have plenty.

Harley makes some good stuff and I see that jacket lasting you a very long time, I don't think I'll be wearing my Joe Rocket in 10 years. BUT personally leather is way to hot for me in the summer and protection is a must, so you might want to get yourself some "gear" Harley does not offer much other than leather and a scull cap as far as protection:)

I ride my Busa to the HD dealership every Saturday to catch up with my buddies and the only person that ever said anything was some stupid sales person that does not even ride! He made some comment, I can't even remember what it was, something about my bike being too quiet. I said "what do you ride?" "Oh ya I forgot you don't have a bike"

I tell my buddies this Busa simply put is more fun than any bike I have had, I am taking it to Billings MO. next year for a three week vacation, we'll see how she does on a 7000 mile trip:)

It's all about riding..

I will sometimes wear my Harley FXRG jacket. Link Most would not even notice it saying HD anywhere on it. It has some decent protection, padding and reinforcement. I sometimes get some ribbing when someone notices I'm wearing a Harley T-Shirt riding a Busa (under my gear of course). I like most all bikes. There are hard core Harley, Beemer, Liter bike, Wing, even Busa riders who think no other bikes (other than what they ride) are worth riding. They can kiss my @$$. If you like the jacket and it provides some decent protection, wear it.  It can actually open some constructive conversations. I've had quite a few Harley guys that were actually very interested in my Busa. Maybe it was the Orange and Black  
biggrin.gif

I would recommend leaving the chaps at home!  
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
+1 Who gives a shid what you wear?

laugh.gif

Just don't get caught wearing pegasus branded gloves....
wink.gif

Now, I'm not mentioning any names
tounge.gif

poke.gif
Sittin' here...mindin my own dam buisness........

DAMMIT.....I LIKE MY BUELL GLOVES!!!

(ya pr!ck!)
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'll have you know, when I left my house this morning...it was 36 degrees. When I returned it was a sunny 49.

MY HANDS STAYED WARM!!

And nobody ('cept you) gave me any shid about my gloves!

I AM going to get some different ones.......at some point.

Honest!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

After sliding across the pavement on my new Hayabusa leather. I am very gladd I bought and had it on! It definately saved my hide and I am definately buying another one. Except this time I will not take the elbowpads out
blush.gif

Just don't get caught wearing pegasus branded gloves....
wink.gif

Now, I'm not mentioning any names
tounge.gif

poke.gif
Sittin' here...mindin my own dam buisness........

DAMMIT.....I LIKE MY BUELL GLOVES!!!

(ya pr!ck!)
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I'll have you know, when I left my house this morning...it was 36 degrees.  When I returned it was a sunny 49.

MY HANDS STAYED WARM!!

And nobody ('cept you) gave me any shid about my gloves!

I AM going to get some different ones.......at some point.

Honest!!!
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Did  I mention any names  
rock.gif

Just making sure everyone is paying attention here.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back