Worst Vacation of My Life!!!!!

TruWrecks

Banned
I know it could be worse, but I just need to vent!

soapbox.gif

I went to the Othro doc today.  He told me that my shoulder is seperated so far that it won't heal back together.  My options are let it stick out of my shoulder, like there's a small rock in my shoulder, or I can have them put a screw through the clavical to hold it down so things will look right (and heal back together).

It still hurts pretty good, but I can move my shoulder pretty well.  Vicodin and Ibuprofen have become very good companions.  
drooling3.gif

Shortly after getting that great news (Yes, that was supposed to be sarcastic), my two boys came home from their first day back in school.  Our normal routine is as follows:

Get a quick after-school snack.

Do chores:

Son #1 (almost 14)-
Pickup and vaccum own bedroom.
Put laundry in laundry room.
Empty dishwasher and put dirty dishes in it.
Wipe down the kitchen counters.
Vaccum the linolium in the kitchen and bathrooms.

Son #2 (age 11)-
Pickup and vaccum own bedroom.
Put laundry in laundry room.
Vaccum the hall, living room and stairs.

Both -
Start homework.

Dinner

Finish homework

Playtime/computer games only after all chores and homework have been completed.

The chores should only take them 45min or less.  After 1.5hrs of asking calmly (and the house looked worse than before they got home), I decided I need to go for a drive, before blowing a cork!  
mad.gif
 The oldest said they were just so excited about school, they got distracted.  Distracted my ass!  They didn't give a damn until I told them "I was done" with them and went out the front door!  I left for a drive to my local Harley shop (Yeah I know I'm a traitor) to get some cool-off time, so i wouldn't be yelling at them!

The boys called my wifey (at work) and told her that I left, and they didn't know why.  She called me to find out the real story.  I told her what was happening.  I told her I would be home after the bike shop closed.  When I got home she grilled me about the happenings.  The boys played it like they didn't have anything to do with it.  It all just makes me look like an ASS!

So, it's my problem, not theirs.  I need to be more sensative to their feeling, but they don't want to listen to me?  My wife said I wasn't being fair!  FAIR?
rock.gif

What's fair about life?  I've been on vacation for the last week.  The only things I've really done during my vacation is, take my wife to the San Juan Islands for a weekend, and stay around the house in pain!  
mad.gif

Okay docs!  You have the next 2 months to do any cutting and repairs on my body, so I can get my rehab started.  I will be back out on the road next spring, ready or not!   
race.gif

I'm so pissed at my life right now, I'd rather not be part of it!  I'll stick it out, but I'm NOT enjoying it!
AAAssjani.gif

And please don't tell me it could be worse. I've been through Hurricane Hugo in South Carolina in '89. I totaled my Busa. I need back surgery again. I'l probably do surgery for the shoulder to get it over with. And my arm and shoulder hurt most of the time. I'm not sure I know what it feels like anymore not be drugged, and be pain free, at the same time.

Oh, did I say that I hate my job?  I really do, and it won't do me any good to get another job because I don't like working for somebody else!  It just makes me a "High Paid Slave"!  
brave.gif

Sorry about the ranting.  I feel better now!

face7.gif

<!--EDIT|TruWrecks
Reason for Edit: None given...|1126156471 -->

mad.gif

Oh my Jesus, dude.
sad.gif

One of those days that seems like sh!t is only getting worse, not better. I'm sorry to hear about the news from your Ortho...that just sucks, but, hey, in this case the pinning procedure can only help...it's your only option for the ball and socket joint to heal properly, hey?
sad.gif

You're boys do know that Mom will them alone with Dad again, right? Little buggers, corrective action be damned, huh?
sad.gif

Those down times always seem so much worse until they're past and you reflect. I'm sure that being injured and having the impending surgery doesn't help your mood and hormonal balance by any means either, but only exacerbates the situation. At least you are cognizant enough that you are aware of that, though. If it weren't for that you'd be lost right now.
sad.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

not good i think ya need to do what ever doc says to get on the road to recovery as soon as ya can if your like me it all adds up and somtimes the bike was the only way to releave some of the stress. how bout ya take up fishing
wink.gif

Thanks Gunnut, but I can't stand fishing, golf, or any other "relaxing" activity. It's like PMS for guys! I NEED TO RIDE!!!!!!!!!!! Riding and photography are my 2 relaxing passions. My bike is gone, and my camera broke (it was in the tank bag during the crash). I need to take it to the shop tomorrow to get it looked at. Even if the camera didn't get damaged, I still can't hold it up and operate it with one hand. It's a Canon D60 SLR (not point and shoot friendly).
crazy.gif

Thanks Gunnut, but I can't stand fishing, golf, or any other "relaxing" activity.  It's like PMS for guys!  I NEED TO RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!  Riding and photography are my 2 relaxing passions.  My bike is gone, and my camera broke (it was in the tank bag during the crash).  I need to take it to the shop tomorrow to get it looked at.  Even if the camera didn't get damaged, I still can't hold it up and operate it with one hand.  It's a Canon D60 SLR (not point and shoot friendly).  
crazy.gif
Hmm...how about getting a tripod?
biggrin.gif

Meanwhile, I'll be praying for things to get better your way. As true as it is that it could be worst...this does not mean we don't go thru hard times as well.

God Bless!

I know it could be worse, but I just need to vent!

soapbox.gif

I went to the Othro doc today.  He told me that my shoulder is seperated so far that it won't heal back together.  My options are let it stick out of my shoulder, like there's a small rock in my shoulder, or I can have them put a screw through the clavical to hold it down so things will look right (and heal back together).
Sorry about the ranting.  I feel better now!

face7.gif
I have a 3rd degree shoulder separation too.  The Screw Option is not the best, find another doctor and discuss using a wire / cable option, it is less invasive.  I have had my injury for a little over a year and it is a little cranky but it doesn't hurt like it used to.  I can do ~30 pullups straight, 50 or so pushups, etc, etc so it has healed pretty well.  

I MAY go to another orthopedic surgeon, to discuss having it fixed back up . . but I hear it is ~6 months of healing time
sad.gif

listen to tspoole. A 2nd opinion can't hurt. In my experience doctors do not look at all the treatment options available and then pick the one best for a patient's situation, the advise you to let them do what they know how to do.

What one Ortho may not be trained for another may.

Sorry for your pain.

sad.gif

Thanks Gunnut, but I can't stand fishing, golf, or any other "relaxing" activity.  It's like PMS for guys!  I NEED TO RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!  Riding and photography are my 2 relaxing passions.  My bike is gone, and my camera broke (it was in the tank bag during the crash).  I need to take it to the shop tomorrow to get it looked at.  Even if the camera didn't get damaged, I still can't hold it up and operate it with one hand.  It's a Canon D60 SLR (not point and shoot friendly).  
crazy.gif
Well hang in there things have to get better soon and feel free to vent as much as ya need

Get a second opinion about the shoulder. If he agrees then take care of it ASAP and don't develop a dependency on the meds.
Kids? Who knows just do a lot of breathing and relaxation, sounds like you were tense.
Job? Start your own company like I have done. Find something you like and do it. It is said that you have the greatest success doing something you love.
Photography is one of my passions as well. I stick to Nikon personally. I have an N8008s with three lenses and just got a D100 with the SB-800 speedlight. Maybe you can try the whole wedding photographer thing to see if you can pay the bills doing it.
biggrin.gif

Get a second opinion about the shoulder. If he agrees then take care of it ASAP and don't develop a dependency on the meds.
Kids? Who knows just do a lot of breathing and relaxation, sounds like you were tense.
Job? Start your own company like I have done. Find something you like and do it. It is said that you have the greatest success doing something you love.
Photography is one of my passions as well. I stick to Nikon personally. I have an N8008s with three lenses and just got a D100 with the SB-800 speedlight. Maybe you can try the whole wedding photographer thing to see if you can pay the bills doing it.
biggrin.gif
I've requested a second opinion from an Orthopedic Doctor that I know I can trust to be nuetral (he has no financial gain from my decision).

As far as the photography thing. I could do weddings, but I don't think I could make the kind of money I make doing network security. Besides, my subjects aren't as picky about the results as I am.

Here are a few of my favorites:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back