Working on the Buick..part 3

runeight

why ask why
Donating Member
Registered
I know you folks like lots of pics so give me a minute. :whistle:

Almost done with getting the Buick the way she should be. Have more to do but decided to call it a day.

Found some breather covers in smooth ball milled finish. Last set I could find as Yamaha dis-continued these in smooth. Why ask why.

The chrome piece between the cylinders.

Before..

015-2.jpg

After..

002.jpg

I tossed this little upgrade around for months mostly due to the cost. Yamaha is proud of their stuff but the quality is top notch.

In order to use these billet air cleaner covers you also have to buy the K&N filters. Does it ever end? :dunno:

004.jpg

Stock setup..

005.jpg

Remove and change..

012.jpg

013.jpg

014-1.jpg

Looks great..

015.jpg

Continuing forward..

r8

Now we move on to the gas tank. Oh, the gas tank. Seems like foreign bike manufactures like to advertise the brand.

You can see these GOD awful emblems on the tank.

0035.jpg

Looks better already..

005.jpg

But it really needed something. Just to much color in one area. After starring at this for months I decided to try some stock parts. Yamaha is pretty proud of these also.

The chrome strips on the top fairing looked like they might just work. Hmm..I'll roll the dice.

018.jpg

So Jailbait helped me measure and we stripped it off making sure it was even on both sides.

017.jpg

Then heated and installed..

019.jpg

Turned out great.

In the future I have to change out the front rotor covers. A big "thank you" to Brendanp for sending me to Brown's plating in Kentucky. The covers are just beautiful and should add to the look.

Stock..

0082800x600.jpg

And then the chrome..woohoo!

021.jpg

porky01.jpg

r8

I'm good at that. But I better stop before the forum police come around:whistle:

Looks good, Tank looks alot better. :thumbsup:

Appreciate that. I could only go so far due to the radius of the chrome strip. I would of liked it to be just a little more flush but it will work.

(finally, an intelligent reply sam)

r8

Back