With about a month to go... who now?

Who do you like for the eventual GOP candidate?

• M. Bachmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • H. Cain

• N. Gingrich

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • J. Huntsman

• R. Paul

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • R. Perry

• M. Romney

• R. Santorum

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Other

• Total voters

Warchild

Banned
The first caucus is only a little over a month away... with Cain pretty much a no-show in this race due to yet another (surprise) sex scandal, who do you all think will get the GOP's nomination now?

Here's my take on the remaining list (though I fully expect Cain to drop out within a week):

- Bachmann is an unrealistic lunatic. Her immigration policy alone shows that she has no sense. Her ability to be say the stupidest things is unequaled among the candidates. She is one of the conductors in the wacky conservative christian scary train. On the plus side... she's pretty hot for a female in her mid-50's.
Verdict: not a chance.

- Frothy Mixture Santorum is a hyper-religious lunatic not fit for any elected position of any consequence. This guy is way, way, waaaaaaaaay too interested in what goes on in your bedroom. He is actually calling for states to regulate sexual encounters between adults.
Verdict: not a chance.

- Cain is an ass-grabbing horn-dog with aspirations of being able to stain dresses in the oval office. He was totally unacceptable as a POTUS candidate (knowledge-wise) even before the first female came forward with any allegations. Sorry, but the Presidential office is not a good entry-level elected position. If he became president, he would likely far surpass Clinton's record for diddling interns and treating the Lincoln bedroom like a Motel 6.
Verdict: not a chance, and apparently he needs a good Deuteronomy 22:22 smackdown stoning as well...

- Perry is the slimiest form of politician dripping with the shmooze of what he thinks you want to hear, which means he is completely wrong for any form of leadership. That he runs Texas does not reflect on his viability as much as it reflects on Texas' lack of relevance.
Verdict: not a chance, not even a snowball's chance.

-Newt has got a tremendous amount of baggage that goes well beyond his serial adultery issues. Yet he is a clever and resourceful political veteran. In terms of actually having experience in getting both sides of the Congressional aisle to work toward compromise, Newt has had success more than any other Red Team candidate. Even if you many don't agree with his views, Newt is a very smart man and has significant legislative experience the other candidates lack. That having been said, the baggage Newt carrys is significant, and still might end up drowning him. Maybe.
Verdict: It's entirely possible that the eventual GOP showdown will be between Newt and a Mormon.

-Huntsman is a completely forgettable candidate. The Mormon thingy is a serious drawback to the GOP's wacky conservative christian scary train. He is, however, probably more capable of actually being President than any of them, administratively. He just came off a stint as the ambassador to China, so has some foreign affairs experience. It is unfortunate that the GOP fails to realize that Huntsman is the only possible candidate (other than Paul) that Obama supporters would even consider voting for in 2012.
Verdict: A dark horse. Possible VP contender to Newt. Both Newt and Romney would have to trip up badly for Huntsman to rise to the top.

-Ron Paul is more consistent in his views than any other candidate. Unfortunately, he is just too unrealistic in some of his isolationist views. Certainly he is intelligent enough, but he's too drastic and while his level of draconian anti-globalism may save money in the short term, a Paul presidency, if allowed to institute his platform, would likely do more long term damage to the country than just about any other GOP candidate. Still, his whiny-ass voice would make for tremendous fodder on SNL and the late-night talk shows.
Verdict: Can't see it happening.

-Romney is the boring, squeaky clean Mormon which means that the GOP hates him because he's Mormon and the media hates him because he's clean and boring. He's been well vetted which means the best they got against him is some flip flop statements. He's a moderate realizing that he's gotta attempt to present himself as a right-wing nut at this point, because until the convention, he only cares about the right-wing nut vote. Expect a very reluctant GOP to very reluctantly give the nod... "gee, ok, I guess you're the guy". Like the kid no one wants on their team, if Romney were a christian, there would have been no ascension of Perry, Cain, or Newt. Mormons scare christians, which is why many of the more whacky christians ironically claim Mormonism is a cult (Perry's former pastor, for example). That said, Romney is the safe bet for moderates, and could be paired with a right-wing nut for VP, to appease the Moral Extremists.
Verdict: Barring any 11th hour surprises, Mitt will probably get the GOP nod.

The Dems already know that Romney will be their opposition, that's why they already started investing money in the TV smear campaigns... this one truly highlights the disturbing flip-flopping:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say right now it's between Newt and Mitt. But things change daily.

Mitt is an easy target for Dems as he's flip flopped way too much. I'd say the Dems already have their adds lined up and paying with that Billion dollar war chest Obama has..Yet, he's about as squeaky clean (so far) as it gets.

Newt is the most conservative ideologically pure remaining, but his personal peccadillo's really offend the religious right. But he's the smartest guy in the room, all his mistakes are already out in the open, and would smoke Obama in a debate.

Either way, while I may not like either of them, I like BOTH of them compared to 2nd Term (god help us) of Obama.

Newt is the most conservative ideologically pure remaining, but his personal peccadillo's really offend the religious right. But he's the smartest guy in the room, all his mistakes are already out in the open, and would smoke Obama in a debate.

Yes, Newt would stomp on Obama in a debate, definitely concur. It would be huge entertainment.

My guess is that now that Newt is (currently) in the lead in the polls, those long-haired commie pinko liberal media hounds will turn up the heat on him.

Or.... maybe they'll continue to go after poor little Michelle Bachmann, who just can't seem to stop making stupid statements, like this one she made just yesterday:

Michele Bachmann told supporters in Iowa on Wednesday of her lofty plans for American diplomacy, claiming that a Bachmann presidency would mean no U.S. embassy in Iran.

Considering the recent hostility in the Iranian capital of Tehran against the British embassy, the comment might not seem particularly out of place -- if not for the fact that the U.S. hasn't actually had a functioning embassy in Iran since 1980.

:rofl:

Bachmann is a member of the Intelligence Committee.. how does she not know this? :dunno:

We all need to team up together in support of our good friend "Warchild". These political threads filled with cliche's and rhetoric with the sole purpose of degrading while expressing his distaste for his arch enemy, the Religious Right seems to be occurring more and more often as the presidential ellection draws near.

The fear of his hero being dethroned by some uneducated, God fearing white trailer trash is no doubt consuming his thoughts and fueling his phobia, eh?

Let us all take a moment to engage in silent prayer dedicated to our comrade! :please:

Newt, seems like the likely one, but you’re probably right all his excess baggage is going to take him under

Newt, seems like the likely one, but you’re probably right all his excess baggage is going to take him under

In any normal election (of course, when was the last time the Presidental election was 'normal') I'd say you'd be right. But Obama/Pelosi/Reed have done such a poor job, that they still will get beat :please:

I'm not so sure Newt's baggage will prevent him getting the Red Team nomination for POTUS (even if Tea Party wackos don't like him); the baggage fireworks will come shortly afterward. There are an awful lot of people - on both sides of the aisle - that recall his tenure as Speaker with a lot of disdain. Lots of "family values" fodder in Newt's history for both the christian taliban and the libtard MSM to rake him over the coals with.

Regardless, an Obama/Gingrich debate would be awesome.... no teleprompter for either! Obama would get crushed! :laugh:

Not sure if Obama will win again but the American people seem to like to keep the incumbents. The only time we have a new president is when the constitution says he needs to go. Look at Clinton the Republicans hated him and the Democrats hated bush both were two termers. But the government problems we have are caused by us the voters. We wanted reps and senators who would push the left or right agenda. Guess what we got it. Look what happens when you don't have compromise. If you want to stop the greed cull the incumbents who are compromised by special interest groups and their own agendas. The voters can fix the gridlock but only if we vote and think for our selves.

tapatalk - on my HTC ERIS rooted with cyanogen mod 7

My dollar is still on Obama winning again.

If the Repubs continue down the path they've been going down the past 5-6 months, I'd have to concur. :dunno:

Lot's of infighting among the Red Team.... example: check out this rather scathing vid about Newt Gingrich. Whether of not one agrees with "negative ads", the "baggage" surrounding Newt (highlighted in this RP video) will be the *exact* same ones the Dems will start hurling at Newt, should he get the nomination:

Last edited by a moderator:
Republicans have got to find a way to craft their message as to why they are BETTER than the other, rather than cutting the other down, as the latter will all be used by the dems when running against Obama. Its really a shame that this is the best the Republican party can put up to run against Obama, when I know there are some REALLY BRIGHT, capable conservatives with clean personal lifes and good public backrounds out there.

Republicans have got to find a way to craft their message

I agree.... because they continue to do amazingly bizarre stuff.

Like this freak show they are going to put on a week before the Iowa Caucus... YGTBSM with this Repub "Reality Show" horsecock:

Donald Trump tapped to moderate GOP debate (yes, really) - chicagotribune.com

???

I can only assume that other Reality show celebrities such as Kim Kardashian, Snookie, etc weren't available, so they ask Donald Trump.

:cheerleader:

Trump is an idiot that most real conservatives can't stand (at least anyone who has ever been in business); he's been bankrupt as many times as Elizabeth Taylor was married....

Repubs don't have anyone who will stand as clean as Obama will come November.
How can anyone vote for guys who constantly lie and cheat on the one person who's supposed to be most special?

Repubs don't have anyone who will stand as clean as Obama will come November.
How can anyone vote for guys who constantly lie and cheat on the one person who's supposed to be most special?

oh, Mitt's clean as a whistle in that regard.

Back