Winter storage time for some of us, what's the plan?

BoostCreep

Registered
As is common for a lot of us, winter storage is now upon us; meaning time to strip the bike down, clean it up, and modify it like we can't do during the riding season (as we can now afford to have it torn apart for a month or more).

Anybody have any plans?

Me:
1) Get that F*@#ING dent out of the tank from when somebody tipped their bike over onto mine
2) Remove all fairings, degrease the engine/tranny and everything you cannot see
3) Replace chain and sprockets (going a tooth down in front)
4) Redo and resolder a little wiring the previous owner did
5) Remove radiator and get tiny leak fixed
6) Polish paint and reinstall all plastics
7) Be bummed that I wont see it for an entire year as I leave the country for a short time in March.

Full tank of gas, battery tender attached, waiting for a warmer than average day to come along.
In the meantime, winter or not, it's always dirt bike season..:thumbsup:

I have decided not to winterize mine (Ohio). There are always a few days a month where the streets are clear of snow and ice. So, I plan to keep the tank full, the tender hooked up and take it out for shorter trips.

Winter projects:
1 - new rear tire
2 - SS brake/clutch lines
3 - Rostra cruise control
4 - Clean everything

Mine has been on stands with a full tank and battery tender for a month now.

#1 project get a better horn. After my sick speed horns I need to find something better. I think when they sick they mean Emphysema.

Do a bunch of this again.

*Swap out the fairing stay
*install Headlight modulator
*install another set of LED lights
*replace Intake Halos with an LED Halo. Just not bright enough
*Try & install air horn
*get another custom seat made
*Install T-Rex Sliders

I think that's it. Have shot some 700 photos of the mods so far. :laugh:

Going to rewire Bessie's nose; I need to redo the wiring for the switchbacks and I would like to try and install the headlight assembly that I got from Pashnit...

I'm gonna ride all winter like I do every year....and thank the good Lord :please: that I don't live in the frozen north :laugh:

Do a bunch of this again.

*Swap out the fairing stay
*install Headlight modulator
*install another set of LED lights
*replace Intake Halos with an LED Halo. Just not bright enough
*Try & install air horn
*get another custom seat made
*Install T-Rex Sliders

I think that's it. Have shot some 700 photos of the mods so far. :laugh:

You put yours up for winter??? I seen pics of your ride next to a 8ft mountain wall of snow :poke: I thought your bike had a hover or snowmobile mode instead of A.B,C mode ???

:laugh:

Going to keep both bikes ready for a nice day! I know I will kick myself for this and a few others will too "I MISS MY FL WEATHER WAHHHHH"

I learned to ride while living in florida. Moved up here to northern Ohio with the full expectation that I could handle the cold weather. Yeah thats not going to happen...

Going to have to learn to just put it on the stands and make vroom vroom sounds...

For me it is still a little riding as I am able.
Plans are:

Move my HID headlight bulb down to the bright light socket.
Powder coat some of my pieces.
Maybe repaint fairings from a blow over last Spring.

Only one plan this winter. That's to try to shim the HID in the low beam socket so the bright lights are actually use-able. That is all..

Didn't ride yesterday. Woke up to 36 degree temp and just didn't feel it. Made up for it today :laugh:

Back