Windows 2000 Advance Server Question

Skywalker

Donating Member
Registered
I have an old W2k Server that was setup for me about 13 years ago. Just like to know, I put in a new pair of dual nics rated at 1gb to replace my old 10/100's. I copied all properties info from each and set the new ones to match in every way. The W2K Server OS recognized both and seemed to be happy. However, no clients would connect to the web? Is there any special magic to do to this other then just swap them out?

When you say "clients would not connect to the web" are you referring to the web browser of that machine? If you have it set up as a terminal server and have people using it remotely then you might check your DNS and other add ons.

cap

Capt, this is not a terminal server. The clients/pc's on this domain would not hit the web but could ping. I'm thinking maybe the old Ip was still held in registry but I'm just not a network guy. I have the old 3coms back in and works. I would like to get the TPLINKs at 1gb working though. Maybe time to upgrade the os to 2008 at least. I had flushed the DNS and that is about all for fear of breaking something.

Back