Will we need to pull secondaries on 08

The Big Red One

Registered
Now that the 08 busa has pc controlled secondaries like some other bikes, I'm wondering how much if any low and midrange performance can be achieved by pulling them? Some of the testers stated they thought the first gen had more grunt down low. And a few said the 08 felt a bit nuetered. I think Suzuki claims they don't affect performance.....but then why are they there? Many other bikes run flawlessly without pc controlled secondaries. I'm really wondering if maybe the bright boys at suzuki have decided to jump on the bandwagon and start to control our throttles for us, just to be sure us village idiots don't hurt ourselves  
rock.gif
 I also heard the secondaries on the busa are below the primary throttle plates...which would make them a MAJOR PAIN to get to. That could be wrong tho. I do know I just pulled the secondaries out of my 14...haven't got to ride it yet...waiting on the pcIII, but it was fun spitting in kawi's face by pulling out the "idiot plates". Now none of my bikes have a pc telling me when and how much throttle I get  
laugh.gif

firedevil.gif

guns.gif

I dont know about all that but as far as the 08 being nuetered ? I have just under 50 miles on the 08 and 32000 on my 05 ,hmf full exhaust,BMC race filter and pcIII, down 2 in the back . this am it was cool and crisp just the way the busa likes it , I ran out to get some bacon for breakfast on the 08 hammered first nailed second when the shift light came on set it at 10000 rpm hit second and opened it up just like the 05 only difference was I had to let off the throttle or it would have looped on me at about 7500 rpm that was with a full tank of fuel and i am no light weight about 220 lbs I can keep the o5 down . the only thing i see the 08 needing to go quicker is extensions there is no hesitation or rough spots anywhere the throttle is seamless , the 08 is definatly more than i expected from suzuki , now i just cant wait to yank the exhaust off cause its fuggin huge !
beerchug.gif

Supposedly the throttle bodies are the same design as the GSXR1000. My K5 has the secondaries up top (1st set of plates) and easy to get to. I removed them and smooth idle went away as did throttle response. I think Suzuki has theirs setup very well. Unlike the 14's, you remove theirs and get a performance increase.

Looped at 7,500-- could have --- sounds awsome, stock 08 , Thats all i have ever wanted in a bike --- Gas wheelies.. or spin the rear at will. My 01 will do that for me - 5 years and 30k now...
firedevil.gif

have an 08 with just over 400 miles now.got it saturday night.Still breaking it in so no 10000 rpms yet but have noticed it will lift the front easily in all three lower gears at 7000 rpm.Bike feels lighter and more nimble than either of my 03s or my 06.Talked to a friend and he said the chassis was the same so there should be no difference in the ride butI think hes wrong.

Back