Will this work?

05BusaLe

Too much time to kill and money to spend
Donating Member
Registered
I have an 05 Busa with the 185mph spedo and wanted to get these overlays in 220mph and use a speedo healer. Will it then be able to read correctly?
<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Standard-Illumiglo-Hayabusa-Gauges-Suzuki-GSXR-El-Glow_W0QQitemZ320072212913QQihZ011QQcate
goryZ35598QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....iewItem</a>
Thank you all.

(qwknuf6 @ Jan. 18 2007,11:43) yes but the odometer will be way off
Any way to wire the spedo healer in so that the odometer gets the correct signal as well?

(Rhythm @ Jan. 18 2007,09:02) Speed healer will do the trick !
Speedohealer will fix it you just need to find out the value to install in it..LMK ad I can do a fixed buy price on them for you guys regardless of how many sell..

overlays do not impact the odometer... I did it on mine and use my HUD to determine speed. The hardest part is getting the needls back in the right spot. When you do it, use two spoons to get them off, as weird as it sounds it really works best. Dont recall who said to do it, but I'm sure I got that info here
cool.gif

(05BusaLe @ Jan. 18 2007,10:47)
Any way to wire the spedo healer in so that the odometer gets the correct signal as well?
the speedometer and the odometer use the same sensor , when you correct for the new 220 mph faceplate the odometer will be off the same  % the speedohealer just corrected the speedometer  , in other words you pick the one you want to correct for , speedo or odo .    

I would guess the odometer would be off  about 20%  after installing the 220 mph faceplate and speedohealer , the speedohealer is very adjustable btw

There is a group buy going on right now for the speedo healer and GI pro.

(qwknuf6 @ Jan. 18 2007,12:56)
the speedometer and the odometer use the same sensor , when you correct for the new 220 mph faceplate the odometer will be off the same  % the speedohealer just corrected the speedometer  , in other words you pick the one you want to correct for , speedo or odo .    

I would guess the odometer would be off  about 20%  after installing the 220 mph faceplate and speedohealer , the speedohealer is very adjustable btw
Anyway to correct the signal inside the gauge for just the spedo and not mess with the signal going to the gauge from the speed sensor? That way the odometer will be correct as well as the spedo?

(300Busa @ Jan. 18 2007,09:58) There is a group buy going on right now for the speedo healer and GI pro.
Thats a dayum good price by a stand up individual !

Good lQQkn out 300 !
super.gif

(Rhythm @ Jan. 18 2007,12:12)
(300Busa @ Jan. 18 2007,09:58) There is a group buy going on right now for the speedo healer and GI pro.

Good lQQkn out 300 !  
super.gif
I think I am going to get on this one! I can't pass it up.

(300Busa @ Jan. 18 2007,10:14)

Good lQQkn out 300 !  
super.gif
I think I am going to get on this one!  I can't pass it up.
I just purchased $775 worth of stuff off Josh a few minutes ago and boy did he save me some serious cash.
His prices are so sweet I couldn't stop buying, seriously.

Thanks again Josh aka Jester

(Rhythm @ Jan. 18 2007,12:21)

Good lQQkn out 300 !  
super.gif
I just purchased $775 worth of stuff off Josh a few minutes ago and boy did he save me some serious cash.

Fix your link
beerchug.gif

(300Busa @ Jan. 18 2007,10:23)
(Rhythm @ Jan. 18 2007,12:21)

Good lQQkn out 300 !  
super.gif

Fix your link  
beerchug.gif
super.gif
 Good lQQkn out, Playa ! I'll also post photos of the damage when everything arives.
race.gif

super.gif

(qwknuf6 @ Jan. 18 2007,11:56)

20% is right on the money. I chose to keep the odo correct. But the I changed sprockets, so neither of them is right. I have no clue how fast I'm going or how far I've gone. But I sure do look good doing it
biggrin.gif

(suzuki4life @ Jan. 20 2007,10:05) put 99-00 guages on it and be done with it.
Wouldn't you still have the same problem if you changed gearing or used a speedo-healer to correct stock reading?

I have been reading about the Veypor and am really wanting one. Sounds like it will take care of all of these issues in one fell swoop and then some. Anybody got any feedback on the Veypor?

http://www.veypor.com/veypor.html#

(bigoltool @ Jan. 20 2007,11:25)
Wouldn't you still have the same problem if you changed gearing or used a speedo-healer to correct stock reading?

I have been reading about the Veypor and am really wanting one. Sounds like it will take care of all of these issues in one fell swoop and then some. Anybody got any feedback on the Veypor?

no......mod done many times over.....you will have same error as if it was a 99-00. A healer will cure that.....but the guages are plug and play.

(suzuki4life @ Jan. 20 2007,17:02)
(bigoltool @ Jan. 20 2007,11:25)

no......mod done many times over.....you will have same error as if it was a 99-00. A healer will cure that.....but the guages are plug and play.
I know the gauges will plug right in but if you try to adjust the Speedometer or the Odometer after gearing changes or just to correct errors you would still have the same problem. I haven't seen a Speedo healer type device that would fix both independently... yet.

Back