will slipon's from a gen2 work on gen1

tourbus

Registered
hi, normally i'd do a search on this but im in a position i cant search & trying to make a decision so please dont have me hung lol, as the thread title reads will genII slip-on's by chance work on the genI bikes? thanks for your help

I know the mid pipes will not swap between the two bikes do to the pipe diameter where it meets the header
hi, normally i'd do a search on this but im in a position i cant search & trying to make a decision so please dont have me hung lol, as the thread title reads will genII slip-on's by chance work on the genI bikes? thanks for your help

I don't know but I thought I read somewhere on here where you can and long as you put the right side pipe on the left and vs versa (due to the mounting locations). I could just be nutz though.

I just remembered that a while back someone put together a list of all of the parts that work from one gen to the other. Try a few searches and you may be able to find it.

Found it... But can't link it from my phone

Search for gen 2- gen 1 parts interchangeability

Or go to the gen 2 forums section and you will see it is a sticky.

Six pack is the one who talks about switching aftermarket exhausts form gen to gen.

Back