Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will GenII OEM wheels fit on a GenI ?

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Yes or no can GenII wheels be put on a GenI ?
If so how easy is it ?

Yes I have heard that GenI can go on GenII with spacers or something but I am wondering if you can do reverse ?

Brake rotors are not the same b/n the two bikes.

Two different forks also.

If anyone knows how to do it let me know because I think Jinxsters bike would look really good with my oem silver wheels that I just took off. His bike is blk/slv and the shade of silver is a dead nuts match on both.
Since the oem wheels seem to be unsellable due to the market being flooded I thought about giving them to him to put on his bike. I don't think I will ever need them or put them back on Blanca in case of sale because her and I took vows and it's till death do us part forever......:laugh:

If anyone knows how to do it let me know because I think Jinxsters bike would look really good with my oem silver wheels that I just took off. His bike is blk/slv and the shade of silver is a dead nuts match on both.
Since the oem wheels seem to be unsellable due to the market being flooded I thought about giving them to him to put on his bike. I don't think I will ever need them or put them back on Blanca in case of sale because her and I took vows and it's till death do us part forever......:laugh:

wow...that's a very nice guesture on your part BB!...and i'd love to hav'em cause you're right...they would look kill on oren...i'd set her off nicely..and since i've been a class A all around machinist and cnc programmer?...i might hafta space/shim out both the wheel and the rotors but i'm thinking i could figure out a way to mak'em work...having two sets of wheels and spacers sure would solve my seemingly constant problem of running outta rubber..i'd always have a fresh set waiting...that would be sweet....but lets see what the guys say...i'm thinking it's just a matter of taking some precision measurements between the two and getting a lil creative with adapting the gen1 rotors and spacing things accordingly..but maybe not.

anyways..either way...thanks for the ultra kind thought...L8R, Bill. :cool:

the gen 2 wheel is wider 7mm so you could machine 3.5 mm off each side or just swap gen 2 forks and triple tree and it should bolt right on

I put an 08 wheel on my 05 but I also changed the forks, lower triple clamp, fender and brakes.

Guys, I have a Gen 2 Rolling Chassis and I will be swapping the front end over to my Gen 1. This is a straight forward and well documented. The issue I have is with the rear wheel swap I want to do to keep the front a rea wheels looking the same.

First a bit of background. I got the rolling chassis from a guy who took the Gen 2 Engine out and used it to power a racing sports car. The sports car had previously been powered by a Gen 1 engine. He told me when he fitted up the Gen 2 engine that the engine sprocket did not line up with his existing final drive sprocket which was in place, already lined up for a Gen 1 Engine sprocket. This suggests to me that the distance between the rear wheel sprocket and the centreline of the wheel, is different for the Gen 2 versus the Gen 1. He told me it was only about 1/4". In order to fit the Gen 2 wheel to a Gen 1 swing arm I think someway must be found to move the sprocket about 1/4" closer to the wheel centreline. The brake disk is also a larger diameter on the Gen 2 rear wheel but I figure I could get my Gen 1 Disk hanger modifed so the caliper sits a little lower and will clear the larger disk. Anyway, I haven't pulled both wheels out yet to do detailed measurments but would sure appreciate it if someone else has actually succeeded with the Gen 2 rear wheel swap into a gen 1 swingarm, or alternatively a Gen 2 Swingarm + wheel into a Gen 1 frame. Cheers Chris

Nope I still have my wheels and would still like to fanagle them onto Jinksters bike but I have not seen anything easy yet .

wow...that's a very nice guesture on your part BB!...and i'd love to hav'em cause you're right...they would look kill on oren...i'd set her off nicely..and since i've been a class A all around machinist and cnc programmer?...i might hafta space/shim out both the wheel and the rotors but i'm thinking i could figure out a way to mak'em work...having two sets of wheels and spacers sure would solve my seemingly constant problem of running outta rubber..i'd always have a fresh set waiting...that would be sweet....but lets see what the guys say...i'm thinking it's just a matter of taking some precision measurements between the two and getting a lil creative with adapting the gen1 rotors and spacing things accordingly..but maybe not.

anyways..either way...thanks for the ultra kind thought...L8R, Bill. :cool:
Did you guys ever figure out a solution? I bought a gen I and it has gen II chromies on it, the front brakes are locking up...need help asap

These threads are over 10yrs old, start a thread with your issues and post up some pics, be easier to help u.

Top Bottom