Wife wont ride anymore

You SO do not want to hear the Spudley opinion on this dilemma
cool.gif
, soooooo....I'm not going to say anything on this topic.  

It's like an electric gremlin on your Busa, you'll figure it out sooner or later.......
tounge.gif

Hey, if it comes down to choosing between the wife and the Busa, you know the Busa won't ever get tired of you...
firedevil.gif

or argue, or make you feel guilty, or make you spend money... uh, oh well, 2 out of 3 ain't bad...
laugh.gif

Does she care if you ride? If she doesn't don't worry about it to the point you can't enjoy your bike... There has to be an underlying reason for her not wanting to ride... And it probably isn't anything you did but more how she feels or something she is afraid of... Ultimately you can't force someone to change the way they feel... You can only tell her how it makes you feel and go from there...

Good luck man I hope you get her back on with you.

I am thinking the 75mph wheelie you did with her on the back probably did it..

Of course it could have been the stoppie also

super.gif

Trust her instincts. you dont want someone on the back of your bike that doesnt want to be there.

If you coerce her to ride and you get into an accident and she gets her you will never live it down, and if you realy care for her you will beat yourself up for it for as long as you live.

Just ride, do your own thing. and if it boils down to her or the bike. make your decision.

as for me. my family would always come first,. if my wife came home one day and told me to get rid of the bike, it would be gone. has nothing to do with no balls as some of you seem to bring up, has to do with loving someone, respecting them and caring more about them than yourself.

Yes, some women will walk all over a guy, and those women need to be kicked to the curb..

So you need to asses your own situation, no one can do it for you. figure out why she doesn't want to ride, why she is acting this way and then determine what in your life is important to you. can you have both, if not which one do you want?

And as far as your friends go...

"Long time" friends should almost always come before girl friends.

Wives however should always come before anyone else.

Just my .02

In A JOKING way get a divorce and get a new wife!!!! My wife doesn't ride much right now....but she has a rare eye condition that has caused her to stop riding right now.

As thrasherfox stated find out the reason and make your decission....Wife before anything.....I guess I'm a lucky one...my wife rides a busa and she loves that bike....so if she ever tells me to get rid of my bike...I'll tell her the same thing.....Good luck with that one man...

I have never ridden with my husband (besides the fact that we would would look like 2 whales mating) just because I like riding my own.

Bikes just aren't for EVERYONE.... riders or passengers.... you can't CONVINCE someone who doesn't want to be convinced.... If she isn't happy riding.. don't give up your passion.... just compromise.

I was married to a woman for 5 years that didn't like motorcycles. Near the end of our marriage I bought a cruiser to get a bike for me and compromise with her and not get a busa like I originally wanted. In the end I still got divorced and ended up with a bike I didn't really want. Ride the bike you want and leave it at that. The fact that she doesn't want to ride with you may be an indication of a deeper issue. Maybe trust, maybe getting back at you for something else. Be in charge of your life (in a kind but firm way) and she will have more respect for you.

I just started dating a gal that works in the insurance business and is afraid of bikes. She asked me if I would ever sell my bike. I basically said that if I ever did, it would be on my terms and not anyone else's. I said to her I'll never pressure you to get on the back of my bike, but, if you ever pressure me to sell it, I'll give you your walking papers in short order.

Be kind, be gentle, but, be a man!

Just ride without her. If she really cares she will want to be a part of your hobby as you would want to be a part of hers. Or you just agree to give each other some space. This includes some alone time on the bike. For me the bike is like therapy. I don't even ride that much, but, knowing its there is good enough!

when I got my first bike (kaw636) my wife hated to ride also... and whould get pissy when I went riding becouse she didnt want to ride but wanted to be around.      "just stay home and watch tv"

lots of dramma with finally an ultimatum of its me or the bike.

I now own a cpl bikes and my new girlfriend loves bikes

I admit this is not the acctual reason for the divorce but it feels better to remember than the fact she was a cheater

I don't like riding on the back on anyone's bike...huge control issue for me LOL

Perhaps you'll find she simply doesn't enjoy that anymore. You try giving up all control and ride on the back, then let me know how you liked it
laugh.gif

Seriously though, if she doesn't mind you riding, I guess I don't see what the problem is...people change, even riders tend to go through phases where we just don't care to go ride, question whether or not we should, etc...

In the end, perhaps she would love to ride on her own, but don't push that either...MSF course will show her exactly what she may or may not like about the sport...

cool.gif

(kaosccw @ Sep. 24 2007,13:12) On the bright side. Your girlfriend just gained some seat time that wifey gave up.  
all_coholic.gif
Yeah, like that will happen
tounge.gif

But on the other side, i just give up. She will not give me any reason why this change in her has happened, i did nothing stupid and rode nice and easy with her. First reason was a helmet issue. So i got her a good helmet (still in the box). Next was the friends, well she wont go out with just me know. Next it was she wants a bike of her own, but refuses to learn how.

I give up. maybe kaosccw is right HEHHE

(dolilind @ Sep. 24 2007,18:21) I give up.     maybe kaosccw is right HEHHE
That's the first thing that came to mind after reading the post.

I always have a backup. You never know when the one you're with will eat retard sandwiches.
biggrin.gif

Guess I should consider myself lucky as ALL the women I've been with have been pro-motorcycle.

(dolilind @ Sep. 24 2007,10:32)
bowdown.gif
 consider yourself very lucky.   Mine was pro-cycle when we got married but did nice flip flop.
My wife likes motorcycles a lot. I knew I had a keeper when she perked up after she found out I had bikes. Trying to find time to ride together is a pain in the ass since she got pregnant and had our twins. She rode with me till she was about 5 months then had to stop as she wasnt comfy on the bike anymore with the belly between us.
tounge.gif

Now that theyre a lil older(11 months) we seem to have more time together.

I'm with some of the others here of the opinion that theres something besides the bike(s) going on. Good luck on getting that straightened out if thats what you want.

My wife was totally against me having a scoot but I jedi mind tricked her into it finally. I have even bought two bikes this year (first one was too small). So then she was swearing against getting on it until the shop I bought my busa from kicked in a helmet for her.
super.gif
Great shop by the way I drove 200miles to buy a bike from him it is Jarmans Sportcycles in Charlottesville, VA there is my plug for him.

After several good rides together she loves the feeling of being on the bike but has serious control issues. So we have been looking for her one too. I am thinking a GSXR but she wants a Honda (I know I know) Since I got called up for an early deployment I will be back by next riding season and I told her we can get her one then and I will even take the MSF course with her again.
crazy.gif

I hope we find her one and I can stay in the U.S. long enough to go on one of these rides. I live in NC just below the border of VA and every time I see a ride planned they are sending me to another undisclosed location.

Good luck dolilind if you ever get one of em figured out write a book I am sure we will all buy it.

My wife has no interest in motorcycles period.  When I purchased my first motorcycle (2001 Hayabusa), it was regarded as a death machine.  Now, 6 years and 3 motorcycles later, she still has no interest, but she is cool with this being my hobby. No hassles at all now.   How did I do it?  The case that I presented was simple - this is MY hobby and SHE has her hobbies.  

In fact, it works beautifully for me to always ride one-up because I am a very, very aggresive rider.

Its just a female thing. I say just talk with her and see whats the problem. Thats your best choise. My gal likes to go for rides every now and then, but she doesn't love it. But I saw y, she likes the big cruzers like the GoldWing with rear seat rest so I may just get the corbin back rest for her to make it more comftible for her. So talk to her! Lets be honest your wife comes 1st then your bike. I hate to say that but its true. On the otherhand I told my girl that I will never stop riding, if I have to choose between her and the riding she will loose. lol But talk to her thats what I did and she told me just what she wanted. Just a simple back rest, so I saw the Corbin make one for the BUSA and whalla, lightbulb. She gets what she wants and so do I. Plus I will get her on a bike hopefully next year. Maybe she will like it more. Its just it will be lowered she is 5ft and im 6ft2in.

Back