Wife wont ride anymore

dolilind

Registered
I need some advice on how to get the wife back on the bike. Im not sure what happened but she will not ride with me anymore. Some how some way i spooked her off of it and now i cant get her anywhere near it. Now she says she dont like that bike (i have gone through 3 because of this), she dont like the guys i ride with, now she doesnt like the bike being fast. WTH?? I never rode like a ass with her on it, i just dont understand.

Best of all she is not going to the BASH with me and the friends. Not sure why, not like she will be the only female there or even with the people im going down with.

I JUST DONT GET IT!!!!!!!

My wife rode with me some, but it was not that much fun for her. I sent her to the MSF class and got her a bike of her own. Now she is always ready to go riding with me and OUR friends.
beerchug.gif

the first time my gf saw my bike, she cried and would not go near it. a buddy of mine showed her how to ride on my 600 and i sent her to the riding class and she had a new 636 delivered to her the day she finished the class, she rides more than me now and i cant keep her off it.

I have even tried that. Gonna send her to classes to learn to ride, offered to get her a 600 and she still wont go for it. I was told she wants a honda reble. WHAT THE F**K

my wife just started riding with me when i bought the busa, she likes it, but shes not crazy about it. i'm gonna buy her a GSXR 600 and lower it(shes little, 5'1") and get her on her own ASAP. as for your problem, if this is an ongoing thing with her, did you ever think that maybe shes trying to get you to expend all your bike options, and when you've finally bought every bike, and she dosent like any of them, she'll get you to stop riding all together. just a thought, but my wife thinks she has to compete with the busa for attention. of course this isnt the case, but women are funny that way. they cant tell you NO, but they'll find a way to deter you from whatever the NO is.

This is true, but ya know. I have been through a R6, Gixxer 600, R1, humm humm a harley, They did not work for her, so took her to a show room and let her loose to find a bike that would suit her. I knew what it was gonna be, she wanted something with a big back seat. HAHA i allready knew it was a BUSA she was looking for, so i kept my mouth shut and let her find it. IMAGINE THAT i gotta busa, how that worked out for me.

But then again the Bikes isnt the first time this has happened, Ive been through 3 race cars, 2 mini trucks, 3 homes now.

Still cant please her.......LOL sounds like a commercial

My wife has ridden on my bike a few times. She will not get on it anymore. I have not ridden it crazy or anything with on it. She says it is not for her. I wish that she would ride.

Mine was the same way. Rode on mine about 2 miles then it wasn't her thing. No prob. I took the passenger pegs/brackets off sent them to an Org member somewhere. Sent the rear seat off to someone else. Now my Busa is single rider only.

Don

Stop entertaining her BS. Enjoy your bike, enjoy your car, enjoy your house and stop catering to the nonsense. Let her find a hobby for herself. Sounds like the controlling ex-wife I used to be married to. The more you push her into bikes the more she'll backpedal and drag her feet.

My wife was ok with riding on the back, but then took the MSF course and no wants her own. She wants a Ducati Monster and will probably get one soon. IT doesn't really matter to me what she rides as long as she rides and enjoys it.

Some girls just won't have anything to do with bikes because someone told them they were bad or some other chit. So when I had GF's like that, I was like ok, be back later.

Well guys, I'm training the next generation of women hahahahah.
Bought my daughter a helmet for her 10th birthday !! She loves to ride ! Heck maybe I'll get her a scooter soon to drive around the nieghborhood.
First car when she's 18
rock.gif
mmmmmm gsxr600 sounds good  
super.gif
hahahahah
jump9.gif

I have been married for 14 years, with my college sweetheart I dated for 9 years. During highschool and college, she used to ride a hopped-up moped, and even learned to ride my suzuki GS500. We travelled Spain on my bike(s), every holiday. We had no car then. Soon afer she got a car licence and a car, we married, and never ever got on my bikes again: just too unconfortable.

Now we have two daughters (7 and 8) that I take for a spin from time to time. When they grow up, I plan to get a tourer with a nice and big seat with backrest, electric vest and gloves, and a stereo, so she can go with me confortabily.

Until then, I just negotiate with her the time and money I spend on my main hobby/stress relief. I've got 3 bikes, ride to work everyday, go sport riding every other sunday, and go to track about once a year, so she's a keeper.

Maybe it is time to stop letting her control your hobbies
and to get her a hobby of her own. I tried for awhile to
get my wife to ride with me but now I feel like when she
is ready if ever she will ride but for now I just enjoy my
time riding.

I'd ask her who she's been talking to. Possibly someone else has been bending her ear about sport bikes etc.

(dolilind @ Sep. 23 2007,09:22) I have even tried that. Gonna send her to classes to learn to ride, offered to get her a 600 and she still wont go for it. I was told she wants a honda reble. WHAT THE F**K
Nothing wrong with a Rebel. Most MSF classis that provide bikes use them. That is what my wife has. Great bike for a beginner, light, easy to handle and move around, and low seat height. After riding hers for two years, she now has the desire to move up to a bigger bike. Another plus is that you can sell a used Rebel for not much less than a new one.

(dolilind @ Sep. 23 2007,08:59) I need some advice on how to get the wife back on the bike. Im not sure what happened but she will not ride with me anymore. Some how some way i spooked her off of it and now i cant get her anywhere near it. Now she says she dont like that bike (i have gone through 3 because of this), she dont like the guys i ride with, now she doesnt like the bike being fast. WTH?? I never rode like a ass with her on it, i just dont understand.

Best of all she is not going to the BASH with me and the friends. Not sure why, not like she will be the only female there or even with the people im going down with.

I JUST DONT GET IT!!!!!!!
consider yourself LUCKY!

That's why I have a cruiser...my wife loves riding on it, but doesn't like the passenger riding position on sport bikes...

prpv22.jpg

(Rayabusa0818 @ Sep. 23 2007,15:50) That's why I have a cruiser...my wife loves riding on it, but doesn't like the passenger riding position on sport bikes...
+1 loves riding on the Harley, is sort of ok on sport bikes. I think bulk makes them feel a bit more secure and having a backrest to chill out on while reading helps too

I dont know bout that, she hated the harley. Ended up selling it in less than 6 months. I hated it, and she hated it even more. Hells she only rode it 2 times and then it was only for 15-20 miles. Big waste of a whole lotta money

Back