wichita pd must be desperate

mynewride

Registered
i cant believe it. many years since i have gotten a ticket. i forgot to put on my seat belt. i usually wear it. but sometimes i forget with switching between my bike and the truck. anyhow i bet there were 5 cars around me that the driver was not wearing the safety belt. im sure he picked on me cuz i was driving a POS izuzu pickup. he was probably hoping to get me for pot or something. anyhow it cost me 30 bucks that i dont have right now.

grrrrrr. this is why the leo gets a bad rep. all he had to do was give me a warning and tell me to have a good day. to make it worse i believe his wife or GF was on a ride along. he had to flex his tiny little muscles and give me a ticket rather than let me go with a written warning. WTF!! :rant:

i would not be upset if i was speeding or something i was deliberately doing...but the seatbelt....give me a break.

oh well i guess there are many ppl that never wear the belt and they should just as should have been wearing mine. is prolly a good thing my daughter was in the car or i might have gotten in more trouble as i might have had a few choice words....his lucky day i guess :whistle:

oh yea, i was looking up my fine costs as he couldnt tell me what it was and i noticed it is a 91 dollar fine for no turn signal. wow, im sure glad i signaled. he prolly would have written me up for that as well. lol

So your mad because you got stopped and got a ticket for not wearing a state mandated seat belt... Sounds like you have some misdirected anger..

all he had to do was give me a warning and tell me to have a good day

All you had to do was put your seatbelt on...

Really what your saying is that your upset because things didn't turn out your way...

Were you...

1. Aware you were supposed to wear a seatbelt...
2. What could you have possibly said to the officer that would have been so in appropriate.. call him a few names for doing the job he gets paid to do...

If you dont like the law go to your state represenatives and get it changed but dont beat up the middle man enforcing it...

I dont get it, why be mad at the cop....

cap

Fastening your seatbelt is something you should never forget. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
seatbelt laws are bs anyway. why do i have to wear a seatbelt in my car but i can hop on my bike and ride with no helmet on if i want to. the rep isnt going to do anything about it because it a cash cow for the state and because of insurance lobbyists.

seatbelt laws are bs anyway. why do i have to wear a seatbelt in my car but i can hop on my bike and ride with no helmet on if i want to. the rep isnt going to do anything about it because it a cash cow for the state and because of insurance lobbyists.

How many states now have helmet laws? Insurance companies don't want you to crash because then they have to pay out... They want you to wear helmets...

Make you deal... You find every crash in your area where someone was wearing a seatbelt and died and I will find every accident here locally in which people were not wearing seatbelts and died... We can look at speeds and such on a case by case basis if you want... This weekend there were 5 people killed in the same crash because they were all ejected...

Seatbelts do save lives...

Didn't Kansas recently make "no seatbelt" a primary offense, meaning they can pull you over for it? Before, they had to have another reason to pull you over, but could ticket you if you weren't wearing your seatbelt during a traffic stop. As if police were lacking "reasons" to pull people over...

Yes, Wichita PD is out there to collect revenue for the city, sheriffs for the county, and highway patrol for the state. Of course, shortsighted and half-assed local, county, and state government are totally not responsible for imbalances between income and spending.

Yes it's all about saving lives??? You can ride a motorcycle in speedos if you like, but get a ticket for driving a car with no seat belts in FL. Yes it's all about saving lives?????

:laugh: the fine was 25.00 here when it started now its up over 100.00 I think. :laugh: if they were handing out 30 tickets for seat belts around here it would be a relief.

Title mentions desperate.

They must not be desperate because they let 4 others go. I had a Trooper stand in the middle of the road to get a bunch of us that were speeding. That sounds desperate to me.:rofl:

You guys need to direct your anger and frustration at the right people... YOUR elected officials set the fines not the officer that makes the stop...

Some people just don't get it.. The cop is just doing the job he was hired to do... If you don't like the fees then go to your municiple govt or legislature and get the fines or laws changed...

It's funny to read the responses of some people here... You make it sound like the police are out to get you, like they get a commission for writing a ticket..

I always considered a first time belt offense to be an "Oops, sorry sir" and if your polite and everything else is in order you should be allowed to leave. We all forget things once in a while and dont think it should cost $30. BUT, technically its still an offense so you can be ticketed, just the way it is.

The laws are B.S., and as Cap has said, your elected representatives should hear from you. Saet belt laws are a violation of personal freedom, but we're coerced into accepting it because we as a people have made driving a restricted privledge. Since nobody has the right to drive, they also do not have the right to personal freedoms.

Anyway, don't be mad because the LEO targetted you, be mad because you forgot to buckle up. Yes, if the LEO was going to be polite, he would have issued a warning. But either he had a bad day, or as you said, he was demonstrating the proper way to levy a fine.

I had a friend who cussed police officers up one side and down the other.......until he needed one. Sucks when any of us get caught for the things we do or don't do and I've had a run in or two with a rude cop, usually staying nice and polite calmed things down.

You were guilty, you got caught. Suck it up and pay. Only one you should be upset with is yourself.

It's a good thing LEO ticketed you and walked away because I bet you were about to kick his :whistle:

Seriously i think seat belt laws are more to protect carmakers against lawsuits that would result from injuries from airbags . Without a seatbelt on if an airbag deploys in front of you as your moving forward it can and will kill you or seriously injure you. Notice how seatbelt mandation came along almost same time airbags really became standard equipment in cars ?

It's the law and as others said don't get upset at cop.
Even though there is something called 'officer discretion' which I am very happy with .
I try to never bash cops and am always respectful of them and that good karma came back to me when I recently ran my bike into the back of a truck .
The officer told me that it was apparent I was bummed enough about it and he wasn't going to cite me for being at fault which saved me quite a bit of money !

'Click it or Ticket' :)

Didn't Kansas recently make "no seatbelt" a primary offense, meaning they can pull you over for it? Before, they had to have another reason to pull you over, but could ticket you if you weren't wearing your seatbelt during a traffic stop. As if police were lacking "reasons" to pull people over...

Yes, Wichita PD is out there to collect revenue for the city, sheriffs for the county, and highway patrol for the state. Of course, shortsighted and half-assed local, county, and state government are totally not responsible for imbalances between income and spending.

Correct. I believe it started back in July...no seatbelt is a primary offense; no other reason needed. No seatbelt = ticket.

Back