Why the busa?

(Tufbusa @ Dec. 13 2006,12:08)
(RedlineStands @ Dec. 12 2006,08:36)
(Tufbusa @ Dec. 11 2006,19:44) My busa is cool because the brakes suck, the suspension is worse, the plastic drags every time I lean it over and every 600 in the county passes me in the corners. All my buddies run up behind a busa and say. "Oops, it's a busa! Pass him on the inside because I know he's going wide on the exit"  
wow.gif
 It's a big heavy dog but I do have an emotional attachment to my beloved busa. I'm on my fifth new busa and I look back on them like women, I loved them all. I'm anxious to see what 2008 will bring us in the busa.
laugh.gif
 Now that was a bit harsh!  This even coming from an R1 fanatic.

Ian
www.redlinestands.com

Btw board, Vman1300 wants a gsxr1000.....To The Gallows!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, I could have lied and said how every aspect of the busa is wonderful.  
tounge.gif
 Well, it's not
sad.gif
 The bus is a great all around bike but the only thing it really excels in is straight line speed (now the 14 seems to have surpassed her in this area). The old antique girl looses in every other aspect of life. Although some think it's the most comfy ride and it truely is for some but so is a GoldWing!

It's been eight years since the busa burst onto the scene taking the world by storm and has had no major updates since. It's anaquated analog instrument cluster is totally outdated (Give me a digital speedo and gear indicator, PLEASE). The tranny shifts like a bucket of bolts (Get on the Gixxer1K and see what a shift should really feel like)Still has protruding rear blinkers. The brakes and suspension are probably the poorest of any performance bike on the market today?  

We who still praise this beast are living in the past and I'm as guilty as the next. It's high time to make major changes to this relic. I have high hopes that Suzuki has come to the realization that if they don't improve the busa, it will soon become a dinasour? From the whispers I have heard from Suzuki, I think we will see an amazing new busa late next year? Complete redesign! We'll see? If not, I think I have purchased my last busa until something changes other than the paint.

Harsh, you say? Well, I guess I am but technology waits on no one, not even Suzuki? Suzuki has put all their technological updates into thier Track Bikes and since the busa's sales have only increased each year, there has been no reason to make expensive improvements.

Good bike, no! Great bike, yes! But Please Suzuki, don't let us busa lovers down! Give us a taste of new technology and we promise to remain loyal  
beerchug.gif
At the end of the day when manufacturers compete we (the consumers) always win.Think about why every couple of yrs these companies make a brand new literbike.If yamaha and honda also step up to the plate and start making hyper fast touring bikes we will always have something new to look forward to every few yrs.The "New and redesigned" busa is something that people have been talking about since 2001 but every yr its the same bike with different color schemes

it accomplishes all aspects of cycling that I wanted to experience, very comfortably

because it's a BUSA, so it's a legend
Because i'm too BIG for a GSXR1000
because my old-style drive finds too easy a GSXR1000
because my gril feels more comfortable a BUSA
because kids are scared of the 350km/h tachometer
biggrin.gif

because it's a SUZUKI and it's enough
because i love it

I have both.

2005 300RWHP Turbo Busa
2006 Suzuki GSXR 1000

Both are great at there own things and both can street ride.
smile.gif

I'm 59 and weigh about 165. I have been riding since I was 15. I have ridden most makes and models over the years. For me the Busa does it all. It is the best motorcycle I have ever owned. Twisties or dragstrip. Touring or day rides. 35 or 185 she feels great either way. A better motorcycle you will not find.

Simple, Ive been riding Suzui's since 2 days before forever and they havent heard me yet.
The Busa was about 10 years before its time when it came out in 99 so we still have a couple years left.
As a bunch of posts alrready state its the only choice for a larger rider, I feel like Im on a toy when Im on the gixxer 1K.
The bike takes mods well, whether its a turbo nos system or just Powercommander and a pipe, you will feel the difference.
Bullet proof drivetrain
Great looks
Comfortble
All around best bike for the money if you can handle the handle
beerchug.gif

But its all been sai already, good post guys
bowdown.gif

(RedlineStands @ Dec. 11 2006,11:54) I have a question.  What made you decide to buy your busa?  I've always stuck with the smaller/lighter bikes like the 600's and 1000's.  I'm sure you guys all have different reasons so lets hear them.

Ian Gilmore
www.redlinestands.com
Well.. Here are my reasons for riding a Hayabusa..

Performance: Great for twisties and the 1/4 strip.. Amazing power.. A twist of the throttle, you'll be grinnin' ear to ear.. Also, comfortable enough for long tour rides .  In my opinion, you get the most bang for your buck if you buy this motorcycle. I've ridden many different sport bikes.. They're a blast to ride, but they don't have the 'all around' utility of the Hayabusa. The vast after market is also a great reason to run this motorcycle.
This video is an oldie, but a goodie.. Watch it and you'll understand why Busa owners like me wander into the garage several times a week for no good reason at all.. to just stand there gazing at their Hayabusa...Trust me, it happens..  
beerchug.gif

<embed style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=5298899968401074611&hl=en" flashvars=""> </embed>

I was torn at the dealer between the Busa ,Gix 1000 and the R1.....sat on the Busa, sat on the R1, sat on the gix , probably 30 minutes on each bike..Dealer was probably looking crazy at me but what the heck.....Bought the BUSA!!!
bowdown.gif

hehe, looks like you haven't ridden it or else you wouldn't be asking that. let alone that you'll discover more things in the way and begin to fall in love with it...

highlights: the stupid smile on other people's faces that don't believe you actually own one when you tell them you do...

the feeling of the rev limiter hitting reds in 5th gear...

...people turning faces (even after 7 years the bike is out) from 100ft away to see what sounds so cool...

...your feet don't get wet and shoes stay clean when raining...

..your back stays clean even with an undertail..

...and there's a million lot more!

Cycle World's own Mark Hoyer says it best in the article written for Sport Bike 2006 "Busas Baby"....

"Since the coming of the Suzuki Hayabusa, the sportbike world has never been the same."

"Hayabusa has become an unmatched riding experience and one of the greatest motorcycles ever made."

This guy has ridden a lot of bikes!! So, I respect and agree with his summary! It was ultimately the six years of magazine reviews like this, along with low long sleek and bad, that lead me to the best purchase I've ever made.

Back