Why the busa and not the ZX 14?

if you recall, the zx12 did not sell as well as busa, and i had two and it is a great bike, but for some reason did not do well and the same with zx14. it is like japanese car manufactures: toyota and honda sells alot and have great reputation, is nissan or mazda bad cars, no but just the way it is.
ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE AND THANK THE LORD THAT YOU ARE LUCKY ENOUGH TO OWN ONE BECUASE SOME PEOPLE CAN'T:beerchug: .

Buy the one you u feel comfortable with, best i can tell you since i ride a zx-10 and love the thing. I rode a 14 and loved it also just to dam big as is the busa,which is also heavier and the 08's are heavier. Also remember this?

Now more accurately classified as a sports/tourer, this bike held the crown of "The World's Fastest Production Bike" for close to a decade with a record top speed of 283 km/h (176 mph). When the bike was introduced in 1990, the nearest production bike top speed was 16 km/h (10 mph) slower and it belonged to the ZX-10, the bike that Kawasaki was replacing with the ZX-11. The 11's quarter mile time was clocked at 10.25 seconds at 135 mph (217 km/h) by a popular motorcycle periodical in 1994. The ZX-11 was also the first production bike to be fitted with a ram air induction system.

lurk.gif
lurk.gif

lurk.gif

I am a taller rider, so the ZX-14 is a little more comfortable, but the 2 deciding factors for me were the name recognition the Busa has and the quality of the finish. The Kawasaki just looks cheaply finished in comparison.
If you leave out the fact that the Busa's cans aren't even centered, no digital display, cheap feeling levers, and weak ass brakes, the horrible vibrations you get at 4500rpms, then yeah, the ZX14 might feel down in quality. But if you put those factors in, you start to ask yourself, why didn't they just put these features on the Busa also.
There must be something wrong with your Busa. Mine is VERY smooth at all rpms.  I don't notice any buzz at any speed. Smooth as glass. Smoother than my 02 Busa was.  And I have to say, the front brake is fine by me too. Guess its what you're used to.
No buzz?? Thats awesome, but in every magazine you read all of the Busa con's include the buzzing between 4500 and 6000 rpms. Cruising range on the highway in 6th gear has me sitting in that rpm range. Bugs the crap out of me. ZX14 motor is so much smoother than the Busa.
I went 2T up from stock on rear sprocket (from my GSXR1000) and I have NO vibrations that the mags and forum riders speak of on my 08 Busa. It accelerates great and wheelies when I ask it to. I highly recommend this mod.

I am a taller rider, so the ZX-14 is a little more comfortable, but the 2 deciding factors for me were the name recognition the Busa has and the quality of the finish. The Kawasaki just looks cheaply finished in comparison.
If you leave out the fact that the Busa's cans aren't even centered, no digital display, cheap feeling levers, and weak ass brakes, the horrible vibrations you get at 4500rpms, then yeah, the ZX14 might feel down in quality. But if you put those factors in, you start to ask yourself, why didn't they just put these features on the Busa also.
There must be something wrong with your Busa. Mine is VERY smooth at all rpms.  I don't notice any buzz at any speed. Smooth as glass. Smoother than my 02 Busa was.  And I have to say, the front brake is fine by me too. Guess its what you're used to.
No buzz?? Thats awesome, but in every magazine you read all of the Busa con's include the buzzing between 4500 and 6000 rpms. Cruising range on the highway in 6th gear has me sitting in that rpm range. Bugs the crap out of me. ZX14 motor is so much smoother than the Busa.
I went 2T up from stock on rear sprocket (from my GSXR1000) and I have NO vibrations that the mags and forum riders speak of on my 08 Busa. It accelerates great and wheelies when I ask it to. I highly recommend this mod.
Does this mod require anything to recalibrate the speedo? And 2 more teeth on the rear makes it noticably quicker?

Does this mod require anything to recalibrate the speedo? And 2 more teeth on the rear makes it noticably quicker?
yab.. you are going to have wheelie machine and you get there alot faster
laugh.gif

it will mess up your speedometer reading and will be off and you can use speedohealer to help correct but then it will mess up your gear indicator.
i had two up in front and one down on my zx14 and that thing was a beast and i could not keep it down on second and third gear.
wowold.gif

it will be tough to lunch good on first gear becuase of too much wheelies unless you drop the bike lower or get extended swinarm.

it will mess up your speedometer reading and will be off and you can use speedohealer to help correct but then it will mess up your gear indicator.
rock.gif
Now, that's a new one I haven't heard before....

What is the specific impact you have seen on the K8 gear indicator after installing a Speedo-Healer?
dunno.gif

And I guess I'll find out here shortly, as I am about to wrap up installing the Speedohealer tonight, along with the Pro-Oiler (conveniently, both need to tap into the speed sensor connectors, so it made sense to do both mods together).

try to run through each gear as you ride and see if you are in right gear in factory gear indiactor. my 07 zx14 was not showing the 6th gear when i was in it and it will show 5th, maybe isolated case but check it out.

try to run through each gear as you ride and see if you are in right gear in factory gear indiactor. my 07 zx14
Ah... you aren't referring to the K8, then? This was on the ZX-14, yes?

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
was not showing the 6th gear when i was in it and it will show 5th, maybe isolated case but check it out.[/quote]
rock.gif
IIRC, that behavior sounds more like what is expected after installing a TRE, not a speedohealer...
dunno.gif

I've rode both ... if yah like the feel of riding a plastic bottle .. get a Zx ..if yah want to own the road ..... < ahem > get a Busa..
beerchug.gif
lurk.gif
... b ut the Zx seem'd to have a lil more room for the 2nd rider .. up too you ..
cool.gif

try to run through each gear as you ride and see if you are in right gear in factory gear indiactor. my 07 zx14
Ah... you aren't referring to the K8, then? This was on the ZX-14, yes?

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:
<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
was not showing the 6th gear when i was in it and it will show 5th, maybe isolated case but check it out.[/quote]
rock.gif
 IIRC, that behavior sounds more like what is expected after installing a TRE, not a speedohealer...  
dunno.gif
[/quote]
yes, 07 zx14, but i did not have tre, as i said it could have been isolated case.

I don't worship any bike, I do however detest dogma, particularly when it is dressed up as "facts." As I said, your opinion is no more valid than anyone else's here, even if you did pay cash (wow! cash? really? wow!) for 2 bikes that are virtually indistinguishable from each other apart from their appearance.

And no, I don't read...my chosen profession requires no education whatsoever. Thank goodness we have intellectual giants such as yourself to guide us.

Cheers mate!
Actually I also own both and they are VERY distinguishable from each other in MANY ways. Handling, comfort, smoothness, brakes, weight distribution, seating position, the list goes on
winkold.gif
They are 2 very diff bikes, and people are going to buy them for diff reasons
winkold.gif
I ride and own them both for diff reasons...the 14's my long haul sportbike, the busa's my shorter trip/hard canyon carving sportbike. If I had to own just one tho it would be the 14...it doesn't handle much worse than the busa and is wayyy smoother, plusher riding, and more comfy
winkold.gif
It eats up highway miles deceptively fast, and you get off feeling much more energized than the same distance on the busa. For me personally, comforts higher on the list than handling
winkold.gif

winkold.gif

winkold.gif

winkold.gif

Check out SuperBike Magazine - latest issue (June 2008) there is a very good article on the BIG ONES 2008 Hypersports (Suzuki GSX1300R - Kawasaki ZZR1400 - BMW K1200S)
Very good unbiased comparison of the technical, performance and handling pluses and minuses of each bike!
I will try to scan it later and post it for those who can not get hold of this UK bike magazine "“ but it's a 14 page article?? (http://www.superbike.co.uk/)
I have both the Hayabusa 1300K8 and the Kawasaki ZX1400 and have to agree with there technical verdict "“
1st Kawasaki ZZR1400 (2008)
2nd Suzuki Hayabusa K8
3rd BMW K1200S (2008)
But in the end it's all down to personal preference and how you feel with the bike and the badge? Personally, I prefer the Hayabusa over the ZX1400 myself - more looks and feel than any thing else, but still enjoy riding both?

zx-14 is easier to change oil on and thats for sure, my pop had a 06 14 and i had a 03 busa and we both liked the 14 better, it just did everything better with the exception of low-end grunt. now we have both have 08 busa's but havnt compared them to any 08 14's but from the sound of things you wouldnt go wrong with either one.

Go ride both...what best fits is what you want.

Personally i think the 14 is akwark and clumsy, but the again im just a little guy.
PLus i think it looks like the sentinals from MATRIX

Go ride both...what best fits is what you want.

Personally i think the 14 is akwark and clumsy, but the again im just a little guy.
PLus i think it looks like the sentinals from MATRIX
Hey Lind love that paintjob
ThumbsUp.gif

Actually with aftermarket cans on both bikes my 14 is noticeably lighter and easier to move around the garage...and turns much quicker and feels lighter on its feet when moving. But its also a little twitchier and slightly mushy in the corners with the stock suspension settings than my busa...which is stable as a brick and tighter everywhere. The busa's steering damper slows the steering down abit...where the 14 doesn't have one so it turns with almost no effort. Pushing both bikes REAL hard the busa def gives me a more secure, in control feeling...but with some supension adjustments, and at anything less than VERY aggressive ridng the 14 does well.

God I love non biased opinions. They almost turn me on after reading the first half of this topic. Both bikes rock.

Back