Who wants to ride on Sunday?

We're thinking about it - we've both been a little under the weather so we're waiting to see how we feel. If you don't get a better offer and don't mind riding with the "old folks", give us a call....

There's some bike thing going on in Newark (DE) on Sat if you're interested... We're probably heading into town after our new VIOS is installed sometime Sat afternoon. From the local paper :

Love bikes, blues? Head for Newark

Motorcycles and music will take over East Main Street Saturday at a Downtown Newark Bike & Blues Festival.

Riders can register at 1 p.m. in the Newark Shopping Center, which with its assortment of vendors will become a motorcyle convention center of sorts.

The festival, which welcomes all riders of two- or three-wheel vehicles, begins at 3 with a parade of motorcycles, which will start and end its two-lap, one-mile route at the Newark Shopping Center. The second lap will kick off the music, with one stage at the shopping center and another at the Academy Building.

Bands scheduled to participate include Kenny Jones and the Jaded Angels, Bare Bones Blues, Southern Twist Band, The Witch Doctors and headliner Johnny Neel, the Delaware native who appeared at this summer's Riverfront Blues Fest.

Passes to ride in the parade cost $20 and include discounts at participating merchants. There is no fee to view the parade or the bands. Proceeds will benefit motorcycle accident victims.

An awards presentation and closing ceremonies will take place at 8:30 p.m. at the Newark Shopping Center.

For details, visit www.motorcycle accidentvictims.org or call 378-3701.

Considering both Sat and Sunday. Will chat with the boss and see if her wrists can handle DE and back. will post back l8r.

Greg

The wife and I are heading down to Newark De, leaving from the Great Adventure area in about two hours. Post up if you want to ride down, meet on the way or meetup at the event. I am on a Pearl LE and she is on a Black GSXR600. Jessup, LCB, others???

Hope u can make it

Greg

BTW the link is http://www.motorcycleaccidentvictims.org

(GMY @ Aug. 18 2007,08:01) The wife and I are heading down to Newark De, leaving from the Great Adventure area in about two hours. Post up if you want to ride down, meet on the way or meetup at the event. I am on a Pearl LE and she is on a Black GSXR600. Jessup, LCB, others???

Hope u can make it

Greg

BTW the link is http://www.motorcycleaccidentvictims.org
Hey - did you guys make it to DE? Our Verizon install took longer than expected and we didn't get there until after 3... we were looking for you but didn't see you. Sorry if we missed you!

Jessup - you or anyone else still looking to ride on Sunday?

I got stuck at longwood gardens all day yesterday... Today looks kinda crappy still might go out though.
e

Looks grey here too. Last night the forcast said rain showers starting around 3 but they may come sooner... the radar definately has some green headed this way. You have my cell - call me if you decide to go.

We made it down and what a great day for riding. got there early and checked things out til the parade started then got something to eat and left. must have just missed you, we left about 4pm. Oddly, dont know how we could have missed each other, about 1000 bikes (my guess), two hayabusas (not including yours), one gixxer 600 (the Mrs.) and a R6. Not many non cruisers at all. Catch up next time.

As for today, no riding, I am pulling the exhaust from both mine and my wife's bike. Akro full and an M4 package will be here Tuesday and with time spent today i will have them ready to go for next weekend.

Looking forward to meeting up soon.

Greg

I'll let you know when we finalize that fall ride from Lake George through the green and white mountains. its that or bike week in OC MD in a few weeks. Anybody going?

Back