Who Rode Today?

Punched out 675 miles today .

20240521_143204.jpg
I'm on eureka springs Arkansas

20240521_143210.jpg

20240521_133335.jpg

20240521_102114.jpg

20240521_075439.jpg

Didja notice he had just 9 miles of gas left? When my light comes on I’ve got a whole gallon left. On my six carb Honda when I run out I have to turn the petcock, that’s right, a petcock, to the reserve position. :laugh: I get nowhere near 49 mpg though like his gauge showed.

I remember petcocks...

Love that feeling when the moto sputters at speed and you have to quickly grapple for the lever to switch over to reserve.

Yeah, the light on my Busa comes on so early that I've taken to watching the trip meter only. I consider her empty at 200 miles, but have seen 210.

Was out for a ride yesterday to see a buddy of mine...on the way back I was stumbling along just over the speed limit when I spotted a headlight coming onto me quickly, all of a sudden a bike flew by me which I recognized as a Ninja 650....

Not far up the road, he was stopped at a red light so I idled up beside him, he looked over kind of shocked when he saw what kind of bike it was and said he expected me to be going faster on a bike like that. I told him I was just enjoying the day.....he said well try and keep up with a laugh when the light turned green and he took off like he was sitting at a Christmas tree....I watched him disappear while I stumbled along at the pace I was going before....

It was such a nice day I didn't want to ruin it.

I'm about to go for a little ride now...

Got out for a short ride in the countryside, Went out to my favorite road and found my inner @jellyrug when a guy in a Jeep rode my ass just as I was entering into the zone my road started, a couple left and right apexes followed by a long straightaway.....I left that Jeep for dead in an instant.

I then went to another road I like that is much, much slower as it is a very rough road but a very complex one as well.....if it had better pavement, it would rival the Dragon....

IMG_1051.jpeg

IMG_0284.jpeg

IMG_0285.jpeg

IMG_0288.jpeg

IMG_0289.jpeg

IMG_0290.jpeg

IMG_0291.jpeg

IMG_0292.jpeg

IMG_0294.jpeg

IMG_0287.jpeg

I got in 178 fast fast CBX miles today. The new gearing rips! Pretty sure I need a new rear shock though dammit! Ran into something that started to concern me way out in yella grass cattle country, millions of tiny grasshoppers! I think they’re grasshoppers. Pretty small, about an inch long. Thankfully they weren’t flying, at least not any higher than my ankles. The road surface though was covered with them. Every bird in the vicinity was chowing down. Look what they did to me! Again, soooo thankful they stayed low or my fairing and headers would’ve been destroyed. It was so weird, first I felt things peppering my boots! WTH could be tapping my boots over and over? My helmet shield was still clear. This is what I found when I stopped.

Back