who makes this helmet???

eyz777

Registered
I really am dying to know who makes the helmet pictured on the hayabusa.org homepage, opposite the 2008 busa picture. I've never seen one like this, and I really really want one
face7.gif
. thanks to whoever can help.

I've seen a helmet like that one in some Euro mags
I think it was made by Roof
no experience with them
got some nice ones & pretty big over there

I don't think I would trust that one too far. The visor may be big (nice), but the chin bar seems to be minimal or missing. Someday that helmet may be the standard if they can make a small bar at the bottom to support the entire impact.

Good point, Truwrecks. Until now, I have only had full face for protection's sake, but recently tried a half helmet and I'm hooked. Yes, the little chinbar may not be as safe as a full face one, but I will trade that thick chinbar in favor of being more aware of my immediate surroundings, when looking down at my bike or riding gear, and noticing road/parking lot debris that would otherwise be obscured by my current racer-boy helmets. I do believe true half helmets (cruiser style) are garbage for safety reasons, but what I like about the helmet on the cover is that the shield extends across the entire face so that even with chinbar failure, your nose and teeth will smash against the polycarb. shield, and not the road, thus (hopefully) leaving your facial features intact instead of embedded in the tarmac. Plus it looks cool as hell.

Z1%20Helmet.gif

close enuff  Z1 lid  hehe but these are like skydiving ones
why do they wear lids
same reason as many think we do... to contain the contents in the event of an issue  
sadnews.gif

Ours actually do a pretty good job if you have a good one, but I think impact without a chutte is 120mph.. so not unlike a bike wreck  
rock.gif

otherwise, dunno
winkold.gif
..a bike wreck into a brick wall at 120mph

Found it! It is a Schuberth J1 Motorcycle Helmet

a few specs

GRP, Carbon and Aramid composite shell. Integrated pivoting sun visor.
EPS modular inner shell. Unique removable chin bar. Jet design.
Noise reducing aero acoustics.Visor rated as Optical Class.
HighClear 111 anti-fog coating.
Efficient crown ventilation.
Mafit interior head pads.
Removable/washable interior lining.
Integrated sun visor- Like all Schuberth helmets, the J1 features an integral sun visor which provides an instant remedy to harsh light conditions or road glare.
The Schubert J1 motorcycle helmet offers an extremely quiet riding experience for a production open face motorcycle helmet.

No listing on if it is DOT or Snell approved though...

Their web site has it listed for 250 pounds which is about $506.

LINKY

LINKY 2

leftbox_j1.jpg

Back