Who HASN'T Topped Out the Busa

I guess I can qualify my statements. As most of you know over the years I have hit 200+mph (true), and when I say it is not easy I mean it. Those f yu that have been around here for a while, I am sure, have picked up on how irritatd i get whe pople say they are doing it BECAUSE . When someone tells you it is easy don't believe them. Yes many have gone faster then me, and there will always be someone faster. One of the reasons I left my 18/40 geaing on a 310hp bike is so don't keep pushing them limit until something happens. Now days you have many peopl eve saying 310hp s tame. I could easily change to 19/38 and be good for up to 235mph, maybe at Bonniville I would try it. I am sure I would go 300mph if I could, bt because I wanted to do it. I am in awe of people who have TRULY done this. Just stay safe gang.

I too, have NOT topped out, can't find space to do it. I hit maybe 170 real mph once [wasn't watching speedo, but a glance saw it bouncing near the 180+ mark - for like 2 seconds]. I will if it is possible SAFELY. You bought a bike for the POTENTIAL ability to do it... not that you really have to. But it's there should you ever feel like it one day. On my Ninja 1000, I hit 150 and thought, "That's all I need... I've now gone faster than 99% of the entire human population." Then i got the Busa
biggrin.gif

Oh wait! I mean.... yeah I peg my limiter in 6th EVERY CHANCE I GET! And I take ALL turns at 90 mph, NO EXCEPTIONS! And I frequently outrun the police when chased. I beat ALL liter bikes and ZX-12R's, STOCK! I road race, I drag, I stunt, I shave....

Please, NEVER ride beyond your limits. Comparing yourself to OTHERS, is a BAD way to meaasure anything. Because everyone else is an idiot.
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

So, Cloud9, I think it's safe to say that many of us haven't topped out, nor will we...there are some that have, but not the % that you might assume...

Now, which peer pressure will you fall prey too?!
wow.gif
laugh.gif

cool.gif

I've been up to 185 on mine and it was still going up. I really don't see me pinning it WOT at top end w/out killing myself. Unless I go to the salts or something like that.

I've only had my busa for a couple weeks now but I honestly have no intention of topping it out. Why? Simple......I don't have the skills and therefore I have no business endangering myself or others...

Maybe someday, but I'm not worried about it. Besides, I'm still havin too much damn fun at 5500rpm or below....lol.

Shhhhh, don't tell suzuki, or my dealer. Had the bike to 130 riding 2 up the first day I had it. About 70 miles on the odometer, entering onto the freeway cruising about 70 in fifth a yellow triumph daytona 959 that I seen in mirrors while getting on the hightway, blasts up beside me, slows, cracks the throttle, then slow. Even new, the wife new it was coming, cause I felt her grab ahold of me tight, when he cracked the throttle the third time, I did too, quick shift into 6th, 130, he's not there, I'm out of it. As I said, first day, and cranked beyond the breakin limit briefly, but the bike surprised the hell out of me. For the next 10 miles until I reached my exit he rode behind. I'm not about to tear my new sh*t up just to prove a point, but it felt good, and can't wait till the break in service to see more. But as for the top end, I'm having the tre and crap installed, but I don't think I ever plan on seeing if it works

I'm just breakin' mine in, so obviously I haven't yet.....but I did find out you can get it to 105 at 5500rpms.......sneeked it up to 110 at 5600-5700rpms............just passed my 500 mile mark last night..............don't know if I've got the cajones to top her out though!!!!!!    
AAAssjani.gif
Wheeeeeee!!!!! Found out (now that I'm up to the 8000rpm break-in mode) that I can make it up to 135mph at right under 8k rpm. I see what everyone meant by taking a while to slow down.....I got up to that speed pretty darn quick, but then it took a bit to slow down to the speed limit...........That's plenty fast for me right now........maybe when I hit my 1000 mile mark and the break-in is over.....we'll see.
AAAssjani.gif

AAAssjani.gif

I've kicked it to about 170, and have come to realize the bike has more speed than I currently have courage
laugh.gif

time first was scary as hell got the r1 up to 173 (knew what the speed was cuz looked down like an idiot at the time) anyway after that i dont bother to look at the speedo tooooo dangerous but i felt as if i went faster than 173 the other day when i was cruising but i am going to max that biatch out against that dayum zx 10
beerchug.gif
but im with thrasher on this dont top out just cuz everyone is doing it wait if you comfy do it if not you still have a busa !!!!! so dont do it if you are uncomfortable

I've had mine for 11 months and have hit 160 mph and ya know what.....that's friggin fast enough for me.  My manhood is well in place so peer pressure has no affect on a brotha.  I like all my skin/bones & muscles intact as they currently are. Don't let em get to ya, who knows if they're telling the truth?  Man there aren't any stretch of roads around my way that are
a. Long enough to get to that speed w/o running into trees/houses/shopping centers/old ladies with walkers.
b.Unhabited enough to avoid running into cars/trucks/pedestrians/old ladies with walkers
c.vacant of the boyz in blue/sheriffs/state troopers/old ladies with walkers in unmarked mustangs.
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|BigDawg_03Busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1083784732 -->

The fastest I have had my Busa was right around 172 on a long lonely stretch of road down in Kansas. The 172 was from a quick glance down and that was what the speedo was saying so who knows how fast I really was going. If you are going to try and push your bike to the limit my suggestion is to get yourself more comfortable with doing speeds around 130-150. The Busa handles well at high speeds but be damn sure you know the road and are comfortable at hitting the highter end on your bike. Just my .02 cents.

I wasn't topped out - at least the bike wasn't - BUT I WAS - I don't want anymore. Ninja Eater made several EXCELLENT points - This wasn't easy. It takes knowing how to set up for it - tire pressures - suspension settings - wind conditions etc. AND - Slowing down from BIG speeds will get your attention in a BIG HURRY. I did this becuase it was a personal goal - but I did my homework and built up to it. I would say - DO NOT go any faster than you feel comfy with. When you really boil it down - NO ONE cares and it won't matter if you do or don't - I will never go that fast again - but I am going to have a pro top mine out. Be safe - enjoy the ride - cuz in the long run - I'd rather park then make a BIG mistake trying to show off for a crowd that couldn't care less anyway.

I also agree mith many of the comments on this thread that very FEW people know how to handle BIG BIG speed. It's not just pinning the throttle and going weeeeeeee.

Imagine if you got a high-speed wobble - you ran out of raod faster than you thought - blew a tire - took a big cross wind hit - etc etc etc

Be safe - Enjoy the ride (yeah yeah - i know i know - like I have room to talk) - hindsight is 20/20

<!--EDIT|ROBOPTI
Reason for Edit: None given...|1083784774 -->

165 max so far. Please re-read thrasherfox's first post. Probably the best piece of advice on this thread. NinjaEater's testimonial is more true than you can ever imagine. My advice is simply this: "When it comes to the Busa...don't be in a hurry to try ANYTHING!!!"

Brian

I have only had mine for about 2 weeks to be honest this is my first bike in 5 years ( I was ignorant and lost my liscense on my last bike) so I am still trying to get used to the feel of the busa. Took mine up to a whopping 105 on accident if you can believe that. Really thought I was going 80, talk about smooth!

Well to make a long story short I am with the majority here don't do it just to do too many things can happen unless you are feeling comfy: bike, skill, road, weather, surroundings etc...

I had both my 2003 and my new 2004 up to 185 and I'm done with that shed. Been there, done it, but still don't have the T-Shirt.
wink.gif

So, Cloud9, I think it's safe to say that many of us haven't topped out, nor will we...there are some that have, but not the % that you might assume...

Now, which peer pressure will you fall prey too?!  
wow.gif
laugh.gif

cool.gif
Thanks for all the info. Thrash, VaBusa, NE, and everyone else that responded... I too am kind of feeling a little older and maybe a little bit more scared of the speed the older I get...

I think one day I will try to top out the bike, but it will be on my terms and no one elses. I am not sure of a track around Denver where I could top speed the bike... We have a few tracks, but I think they are all quarter mile tracks... (Haven't been there either yet...
smile.gif
)

We do have some good straight aways here on the road in a few places WELL outside of town and I may pay one of those straights a visit one day. Keep in mind that I think my top speed is only about 175 because of the gearing...

Cloud

It is nice to know that I can always get sound advice from my freinds on this board... Don't want to get too sappy with y'all, but I consider many of you freinds and if any of you are ever in the Denver area, you can look me up anytime...

Maurice

My personal top speed was "officially" about 173 indicated. I say "officially" because I was in the process of rollin' off the throttle when I looked down and the needle was sweepin' down across around 173 when I glanced at it. I'm sure it had already dropped a little but can't say how much, if any. No way I'd look down while still WFO just to get to claim another mph or two though!
drooling3.gif

I eventually want to tickle the rev limiter in 6th but I'm in no hurry. I want MUCH better gear than I currently have (like it'd prolly matter at 186!
wink.gif
) to make a run like that. I also want a longer straight than I made my 173 run on. Ran out of straight, errr, track, in a BIG HURRY! FWIW, that's the only reason I didn't go faster.
blush.gif
I was sure glad that the first corner was a soft sweeper!  Other than not havin' enough straight, errr, track... the conditions were sweet.
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1083797880 -->

130 is my top speed on mine. I finally wound her out in second gear today to about 90mph. Pretty bad when you keep shifting gears as you slow down! I'm knocking on 2000 miles since feb.

Back