Who has the best 530 chain available now?

OB_turbo1300

Registered
Need a couple of 530 chains but it seems like everyone is out of stock of them. Let me know if anyone has any leads on some good chains that are available NOW.

Thanks.....

Next for me will be a did x ring. I'm staying with a 530 so I'm not worried about the strength rumors. Besides, if it snaps they'll eat it.

busa,

DID's ZVM530 has 10,400 and is what they call X-ring.

Someone here (don't know anymore, think it was DucManic) claims that his Busa ate DID's but I've never heard exact details on this and can hardly believe it from my own experience with the ZVM530 (OEM on XX BTW).

Of course I'm using rivet-type link (do it myself actually, wouldn't trust average motorcycle shop mechanic to do these crucial things on my bike as in my experience guys like JohnnyCheese are the exception not the rule).

[This message has been edited by Animal (edited 28 February 2000).]

I second the Tsubaki 530 Sigma, I feel it is the strongest 530 o-ring type chain made. If there are any other 530 o-ring type chains that are stronger I haven't heard of them.

Sorry I thought I posted over here as well but I use a Tsubaki Sigma
I did talk to RK in Calif.
They have a 530 oring that is higher stretgh than the tsubaki but you have to order from them it is not in a catalog about the samr price.
they also have a solid non oring for dragracing I beleive it was 13500 strentgh.

Hey guys,

Tensile strength is not the only measure of a chains strength.

You also need to worry about modulus of a chain. That is, how much force does it take to stretch the chain. That is determined by calculating the slope of the line from no load to breaking load (or in many cases not the breaking load but when .02 percent elongation has been achieved).

Think of it like this. Chians that both break at 10000lbs. One chain stretches 1% while the next chain stretches 5%. They both have the same breaking load but behave much differently.

-Dana

No,

I haven't researched chains in particular but I test tons (well maybe not tons) but lots of metals and metal assemblies. These are standard property measurements for any metal.

Maybe I need to test some chain. I have access to a 60,000lb tensile tester.

The swingarm is going to take some slight modifications. Nothing that the mill can't take care of of. I will just redesign the bracing peices. In fact, I think I can actually make it stronger with minimal weight gain. I have to wait for some bushing to come in and some welding to finish it up.

I have the images of the preliminary fit up on my web page.

http://members.aol.com/dana944t

go to the suzuki page.

-Dana

KA: I beleive that was it I can't seem to find notes.I use the Suzuki tool I have used the Honda one also both work great.They also had I think a 530DR for drag racing 13500 tensiel stretngh

Dana, it sounds like you've researched this before. If so, what chain do YOU recommend?

Oh yeah, almost forgot: any luck with the 86 GSXR750 swingarm on the 87 GSXR1100?

[This message has been edited by GSXRTURBO1 (edited 01 March 2000).]

Sir CHEESE, would that be a RK 530 GSV?

I have not found this chain listed in any literature and the RK sales rep said this is their strongest chain.

Cheesiest one, master wrench I ask of you in most very humble way - "What is the best chain breaker / rivit tool?" with small bow at end in most humble Japanese manner.

Grasshoppersan.

Suzuki claims that you should not use a std. 530 chain and the chain on your bike si specially made for them.
They also say it is much LIGHTER than other chains. (1 gram per link)
I found this information in the Suzuki 1999 New Model Technical update seminar. Something usually held for Mechanics.
Johnny Cheese--Why does Suzuki say in bold DO NOT use a standard 530 chain on a GSXR1300R?

They also provide all stock dimensions for the chain--i.e. 15.875mm pin to pin, roller dia. 10.30mm, 9.35mm min. for roller width.

Sounds like a bunch of **** to me. Although I never considered the weight.

the weight was due to rotating mass that is why they did not use a 630 chain.
Any O ring 530 chain that is higher or equal to the tensil stretngh is ok the are Covering their A** just like use only OEM tires.
the main thing is proper chain lube and adjustment.

Thanks Cheese.
If you sell Yamaha's at your dealership could you provide the latest delivery information for the R1. I was told late March here in Chicago?
Bob

Back