Who cut their \"Pink Wire\"? (Bobbit Surgical Procedure)

OB_KawAbuser

Registered
The Yosh-USA/ Suzuki of Rad Greaves runs the stock computer and has NOT disabled the gear position sensor (pink wire)
for your information.

Hi Guys,
I am curious, who has cut their pink wire lately for 2nd/3rd gear smoothness AND if so, has anyone had any problems whatsoever?? Do you recommend doing this? Is there any harm being done in the long run?

[This message has been edited by BullDog (edited 29 July 1999).]

I really would like to know this. I have had that wire between a cutter about 4 times and still can't decide to cut it. If you read that post on cutting the wire, it seems the thing to do. Please, anyone else done this??

Whoa guys - I thought cutting the pink wire on the US models caused a lean condition and Suzuki advised that engine damage could occur? Here is a segment of the info that is posted on THIS site under the MODIFICATIONS section of the home page of Hayabusa.org :

FROM SUZUKI:
Disconnecting this wire to increase performance is a common misconception.

If you were to disconnect the gear position (pink) wire on any Suzuki EFI motorcycle, poor performance and possible engine damage will result.

There is more - check under the modifications section.

sorry it took me so long to reply but, lost this post in never never land.

1,2,3, gear is much smoother, 1st pulls to hard (almost) 2nd is about the same without the surging.

Back