While I get my bike...

SmiLyPR4U

Registered
I'm trying to learn as much as possible of anything and everything I should know. I take this opportunity to thank Steven and Nikki (from cycleangels) for their great help...very appreciated!!!

Now...is there anyone out in the Orlando or vicinity area that wouldn't mind taking some of your precious time one of these weekends to teach me about the different parts of the bike, how they work, etc.? I want to get familiar with them in order to know at least some whenever I go to look at a bike, hear it run, etc. plus, for future reference for whenever I get it.  

Any help or input will be greatly appreciate it. My regular e-mail is smilypr4u@aol.com

Thank you!

Vanessa

Vanessa if you ever going to be in the Tampa area give me a shout. I'll meet you wherever and we have a quick class. But I think a much better idea would be to contact the Motorcycle Safety Foundation, and register and go take their initial class. It's a lot of fun, and you will walk out of there at the end of the weekend really "Knowing" how to handle a bike without anyone's weird habbits or personal views on how to ride influencing you. I have no problem meeting with you though, but I don't make it out to Orlando ever, mostly I just blow through on my way to Coco or Melbourne.

If you would like send me an email, and we can work something out. Actually give enough warning, post it on the board and maybe we could wrangle up a few of the other Busa Riders. Or come over on a Saturday night and I'll take you out to the lot in Clearwater, Lots n lots of bikes...

Thanks...the MSF course is definately on the agenda, but I would like to get a head start in order to understand a little better how things work, why this, why that, etc.

If I need to go to Tampa, I don't have a problem at all. That Saturday night sounds good, let me see when can I make it...of course, being me that might now be until next year. I'm only off on weekends...so maybe in my school break we could arrange something, if that's ok with you. Let me know.

Thanks for replying!
wink.gif

Vanessa

Yeah, Just give me a shout. send me an email or a PM. There are several other Board members here and we can do the group thing or just head over and check out the bikes solo.

How is the bike search going? Have you decided or changed your mind on what you want?

Later,

Steve

Heeey Steve!

Well, Nikki has been a great help. I met with them yesterday. She's helping me search around. Right now I'm looking for GSX R600 (which is the one I've always liked), CBR F4i, Kawi ZX 6R...basically, a 600 cc sportbike because I want it w/all the fairings, I don't like them naked. We'll see what happens!

In the meantime I'm try to hit the stores and try some gear on...getting very excited into racing in the future; we'll see how everything goes!

smile.gif

I'm glad to hear you are not so hot on the 750 now. Just remember that a 600 is a handfull for a nubie also.

I just had a thought (yes it actualy happens some times) get together with a couple of your friends, take a Saturday trip over to Daytona and rent scooters. I know there is not much comparisome, but you will at least get a little feel for it. Make sure you get fat tire scooters if you do. You don't want skinnies on the beach. This will give you a little start and stop practice.

One other thing, make sure your helmet is sized correctly. Follow mfg. guidelines, and look into many different brands. Find the one that fits best. Spend the extra money if you have to.

Talk to you later,

Steve

Definitely get yourself in the MSF class Vanessa...even if you don't get a bike tomorrow, the class is invaluable...best way to learn all you need to start riding!

Good luck finding a bike that suits you...
smile.gif

just remenber that falling is part of learning.
so owhen it does happen get back on that bike and ride it like you stole it
biggrin.gif

be carefull what ever u do.

Well...if I had friends to go with it would be a blessing, but since that's not the case, I'll go solo. I was told that quadrunners where kinda similar when it came to shifting...and I was gonna go w/ex to Daytona to try them, but things happen so we never went. Is this true? Which one would be better to try, scooter vs. quad?

Well...thanks again for everything, I'm keeping all these advises tracked!
wink.gif

I learned tons from a dirt bike Vanessa! There's not too much to mess up on the bike since it's made to ride rough...it was enough to get a good feel for shifting and finding the brakes...they're light and easy to maneuver...

It was a start, but the MSF course really gave me all the tools I needed to be confident on a bike. I took that course, and the next day I was out riding on my Harley...I gave myself a nice straight road to practice braking and shifting, then I felt confident enough to take some corners...it was the best thing I did on my way to riding...

Back