Which Tyres to use

BLACKSHADOW

Registered
I Have Been using The original Bridgestone BT 56 J and have been getting about 4500-5000 per rear with the original front tyre still on .I will have to change them before going on holiday so which tyres do I try next time.
I want a tyre thats going to last as good as the Bridgestone 56 J and one thats good for scratching too.

<!--EDIT|BLACKSHADOW
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122930434 -->

Pirelli Super Corsas or Michelin Pilot Powers TIRES:laugh:

<!--EDIT|nitrousjunkie
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122947632 -->

Get some of the new Pilot Powers . I just switched a bit ago and will not go back to anyhting else . I just love these tires .
biggrin.gif

I read all of thos posts about tires and finally decided on the Pilot Powers and love em. I got mine from MAW because they promised them in 2 days.:D

Yes "Scratching" means getting it down. And its probably is a British term. Sorry about that!!!!!

<!--EDIT|BLACKSHADOW
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123175101 -->

Can anyone give me some idea how long the Michelin tyres will last. It sounds as they may be a bit of a too soft compound for what I am looking for. Does anyone know if they are a duel compound like the Bridgestone.

smile.gif

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: "orginal post was edited...."|1123428470 -->

Pirelli Diablo excellent scratcher. Wear to 4000 miles on rear, roughly 2x for the front. Wears fast at high speeds tho.
In a pinch tried a classic ST tire on back a BT20 180. Still only got 4000 miles out of it. It squared badly, it's longevity was it's deep treads. Meant deep squaring. Diablo's hardly square off.

I got less than 2000 miles on my stock tires...
biggrin.gif

....I have them Maxxis now!! They are pretty good. Its the same rubber compund as the stock tires but the rear is a 200. Working pretty well for me in the twisties. Holding the tarmac well...
smile.gif

I have Mentzlers on one bike and Piolt Roads on the other Both seem to hold very well not sure on milage thought have not road either bike enough this year to really know for sure my rear mentzler is looking a bit poor with 3000 miles on it and alotta trips to the drag strip though also but no burnout prior and never had spin issuse and have held up really well in the hills i rail it everytime im in the black hills and never have no squirming issues

Give me your opinion on the HPX then I have heard that this tyre like the BT56j was Designed for the hayabusa and current range or Ultimate Sport bikes.
Of coarse I know that you can't have fantastic grip and also a Huge mileage out of a tyre But I am looking for you opinions and the tyres you have used.

<!--EDIT|BLACKSHADOW
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123097786 -->

Ive been using battalax bto14's and have very good luck with them. average about 4000 miles per rear with extreme abuse. also with about thirty passes down the track

I have the pilot roads with 6200 miles on them. They have maybe 1000 miles left in them. No chickens on the right and a 1/8 on the left. Went to W.V. and the tire holds the road, felt much more confident in the corners.

PILOT ROADS are with out a doubt the best touring tires in the world and you can scratch around if you know how to ride they hold great and if ur scratching around in the rain they still stick very well .... I have worn out several sets and get great mileage ,no other tire even comes close...pirelli, brigstone ,avon did not give me any mileage. and I get on it hard ,power wheelies ,hole shots whatever ,I dont ride easy.....Try em you will not ever go back.....
face7.gif

I burned out my rear BT56 in 3200 miles on my 05 Busa. I wasn't doing excessive launching or hard acceleration but I did a lot of hard downshifting during my joy rides around the Sutter Buttes. I considered replacing with the same tire so I didn't have to replace my front, in order to keep a matched set, keeping costs down. I was looking at over $200 plus installation for the BT56 rear. I decided to bite the bullet and go with my dealer's recommendations and get Pilot Powers front and rear, providing better wear and grip over the BT56. The tires were $120ish for the rear and $90ish for the front plus installation. It cost me more in the beginning, but now I can replace the rear for about $120 plus installation and keep a matched set as long as I stay with the Pilots. The dealer recommended 36 psi rear, 34 psi front for better wear and traction - can't comment on the validity of that claim, but after reducing the hard downshifting my tires show almost no wear after 1000 miles. Happy trails

Back