Which Internet Browser do you use?

Which Internet Browser do you use? - I just changed. Love it

• Do you use Netscape?

Votes: 90 100.0%
  • Do you use Microsofts Internet Explorer?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do you use Firefox by Mozilla?

• Other?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
I have used Netscape and Internet Explorer, I have been using Internet explorer for the last.. crap since the internet was invented by what's his face smile.gif

I just switched to Firefox, Mozilla has been around before Netscape or Internet explorer. It is smaller, faster, has plug ins, you can configure it to block ads, popups, it is open source.

The entire program size is like 4mb's while internet explorer's update is over 20mb's

Everything loads faster.. cant believe I didn't switch a long time ago...

If anyone is interested, go to http://www.mozilla.org and download either firefox for just the browser, or you can download the full Mozilla that has email, browser etc.

If you do install Firefox, during install it will ask you if you want to import book marks from another browser..

I started using Firefox about three months ago when I was so tired of all the problems with IE. I am very happy with it.

Wonder if my recent rash of issues with this board is from the browser? Anyone else having problems connecting, getting pages to load, getting posts to go through or PMs to send? At first I thought it was my connection, but every other site I visit loads and works just fine...

Maybe I'll try to download something else...damn IT staffers will probably come take me away!

Wonder if my recent rash of issues with this board is from the browser? Anyone else having problems connecting, getting pages to load, getting posts to go through or PMs to send? At first I thought it was my connection, but every other site I visit loads and works just fine...

Maybe I'll try to download something else...damn IT staffers will probably come take me away!
Michelle -

Have you cleared you cache? Sometimes when your Cache gets too big it wil cause problems.

If you havnt, go into Tols / Internet options / then clear you history and delete temp internet files, and delete your cookies also

If that doesnt help. Might need to update you browser, and if you are going to do that, try Firefox...

If anyone needs to know how to add add-ins, let me know, it is prety easy though, under the tools option and then extentions.

That is where you can add extensions such as add and pop up blockers...

mozilla
too many people are using it now!
they release there first security patch not long ago.
Not like microsoft where everytime you open you computer you need to download the latest patch.

I usually use IE, but the new (1.7) version of Mozilla works very well. It seems to be able to view pages that the earlier versions had trouble with. I tried Opera, but I didn't see any benefit to it.

Bookmarks are a little strange to get used too. I kind of like Favorites.

I used to be a die hard Netscape guy, just because everybody else was using IE, it came to a point though that IE was performing much quicker so I started using it. type.gif

I used to be a die hard Netscape guy, just because everybody else was using IE, it came to a point though that IE was performing much quicker so I started using it. type.gif
Kevin -

I am a computer geek and was a die hard Explorer fan.

After installing Firefox 2 days ago I am hooked.

You can get what are called "extensions" and you can tailor firefox to block out adds, and it automatically blocks pop-ups. I havent had one pop up since I have been using it. And I use excite for a home page, and I have all the adds blocked...

And no I am not maming any commision off Firefox lol. I am just real impressed smile.gif

I have to tell you Thrasherfox, you have one of the best lookiing bikes I've seen. Even though it's not black (which everyone knows IS the fastest color. Yours is my second favorite. super.gif

<!--EDIT|Kevin Kesler
Reason for Edit: "crappy grammer"|1090546180 -->

Well thank you sir, much aprecieated.... Actualy however,. once I get bills paid off, get the bike paid off, pay off one of my houses and get the kids through college, I plan on getting a kick but cutoms paint job on it smile.gif

The color has grown on me however. Never thought I would own an orange motorcycle lol.. the metal flake in the paint in the sunlight is real cool also...

I have been drooling however over the 04 black and purple scheme.. drooling3.gif

Well thank you sir, much aprecieated.... Actualy however,. once I get bills paid off, get the bike paid off, pay off one of my houses and get the kids through college, I plan on getting a kick but cutoms paint job on it smile.gif

The color has grown on me however. Never thought I would own an orange motorcycle lol.. the metal flake in the paint in the sunlight is real cool also...

I have been drooling however over the 04 black and purple scheme..    drooling3.gif
Mine is black and purple. I had looked at the new bikes at the Suz dealer before I took a trip up to NC with my old bike. While I was there I decided I was going to buy a busa after I arrived home. My choices were the Red, and the Black/purple. I could just see the red fading to pink and didn't want that. I liked the black, (you can never go wrong with black) I bought the bike, they gave me the keys, and on the key tag is read &quot;purple&quot; and then I thought, &quot;did I just buy a purple bike?&quot; All my concern has since disappeared as I have found that not only do women like the busa, they really like the purple. Not that I'm trying to attract the attention of the ladies, but it sure is nice. biggrin.gif

Spend most of my time on government computers these days and IE is all that we use. Have used Netscape, but not a real big fan.

Wonder if my recent rash of issues with this board is from the browser?  Anyone else having problems connecting, getting pages to load, getting posts to go through or PMs to send?  At first I thought it was my connection, but every other site I visit loads and works just fine...

Michelle -

Have you cleared you cache? Sometimes when your Cache gets too big it wil cause problems.

If you havnt, go into Tols / Internet options / then clear you history and delete temp internet files, and delete your cookies also

If that doesnt help. Might need to update you browser, and if you are going to do that, try Firefox...

If anyone needs to know how to add add-ins, let me know, it is prety easy though, under the tools option and then extentions.

That is where you can add extensions such as add and pop up blockers...
Oh yeah thrasher, I do all of that many times over trying to trouble shoot...

We went to wireless a few weeks back, then back to fiber, and since then, it's only THIS board that's giving me a fit...I'll likely try something else, EVEN though my department here at work doesn't support this type of browser...I'll catch sh*t from the guys if they find out! laugh.gif

I'm part of the problem...not the solution...

Saw this post last night &amp; installed mozilla, not bad at all. smile.gif

I've been using firefox for quite a while now and find it far superior especially with no pop ups..There is one fab little enhancement that I love and has let me rediscover the internet all over again . Its an extension called 'Stumbleupon' . You set your preferences as to what kind of topics you like and it selects random web pages that you never would have searched for , or even knew existed.
On the firefox main page click 'help &amp; add-ons .Look under 'enhancing firefox' and click on extensions . You will see ' most popular extensions' , at number 8 you will find 'Stumbleupon'. Its a small d'load and only takes a few moments to set up. Well worth the effort.... type.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back