Which HID is best??

dalynchmob4

Donating Member
Registered
I've heard that the 5K puts out the brightest "white" light, also heard that 6K has the brightest of the "blue"... just wondering if anyone has these installed. I'm just going to do my low beam and I want to know what all is involved in the installation process. As usual, any and ALL input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg

I'd go with 6k. Reason is you will be able to see it during day better then 5k. Which is very important in my book.

There are a few plug and play kits out there also.

i went with the 6k on the low beam...it is only a few lumens dimmer than the 5k (2800 vs. 3000- will still blind you!!!) and like Strife said, it is more noticeable by other drivers
beerchug.gif

5K is my choice... had 5, 6 and 8K units... the 5 is bright white and by far the best illumination at night

I have the slim ballast kit from GIXERHP with a 6000 low and 8000 high and it works great and the dual kit cost me less than I paid for the single McCulloch I had earlier and this one stays on without multiple bike restarts like sometimes the McC needed to get it lit. Check him out here or on eBay.

Between the 5K and 6K light illumination, you will NOT really notice any difference
dude, people might tell you there's difference, and there MAY be, but I ride with
a buddy who rides an '05 Giggy 1000 with the HID 5K and I got the 6K in my Hayabusa.

IMHO there is no real difference beside the color. It's deceptive.

So I personally like the blue hue of the 6K better because it's got that luxury look.
I got mine from www.xenonking.com because they had some kind of discount going
for Hayabusa.org members 3 years ago.

I bought the same McCullough kit for my GMC Jimmy Diamond Ed and I have
had 2 ballast ignitor replacements on it, obviously it see's more usage
but they were both replaced under warranty. No problem, so they are a good
company to deal with IMHO>

I have the slim ballast kit from GIXERHP with a 6000 low and 8000 high and it works great and the dual kit cost me less than I paid for the single McCulloch I had earlier and this one stays on without multiple bike restarts like sometimes the McC needed to get it lit.  Check him out here or on eBay.
You have a 8k low, and a 6k high!

I realized I typed it backwards but when I went to edit it it told me I do not have permission to edit it... BTW the van looks sweet with the HIDS in it. When I hit unlock button the headlights come on and it blinds whomever is facing it.

Thanks for all the input guys... how hard is this going to be?? Is it fairly easy??
You can do it yourself.

It's really simple to take the front nose piece off.
I'm not even kidding.

Shouldn't take you more then 1 hour even if you go slowly to do it.
Just do a pre-scan of what bolts have to come out, what clips, and
take your time and do it right, you'll be happy you did.

Here's mine off with the HID in there, I had to install my amp
this past weekend for my stereo I installed. You can see the ballast
and ignitor, 1 is way to the left(black box) 1 is to the right (silver box)

PhaseIIIAmpInstall.jpg

Went with the McCulloch 6k high and low kit from our board sponsor XenonKing.... The kit is great quality and install was fairly simple if you are somewhat electrical minded.... The guys at XenonKing stand behind them for a year... their service was very good---- ordered on a tuesday at lunch, had it at my door early friday morning! Output on the visibility vs. the OEM crap was really Night/Day difference!!! I don't sweat driving at night nearly as bad now-
beerchug.gif

I just installed an HID and the installation was pretty easy. I did not take Fairing off, I took Inners off, lower piece of the cowl, and dash out to have lots of room. Took me less than an hour.
beerchug.gif

I have the slim ballast kit from GIXERHP with a 6000 low and 8000 high and it works great and the dual kit cost me less than I paid for the single McCulloch I had earlier and this one stays on without multiple bike restarts like sometimes the McC needed to get it lit.  Check him out here or on eBay.
You have a 8k low, and a 6k high!
The one that John installed on my Busa at the Bash. I finally got to ride in the dark a couple of weeks ago. Viva la difference'
smile.gif

I have the 5000k and wouldn't trade it for anything. I love the fact that it's pure light and doesn't change the color of everything. Just make sure when you do it that you adjust the aiming of your headlight to get the maximum benifit from the HID. As for install, no, it's not that bad. McCulloch has a really nice kit. That's what I've got. If you want blue, go with the 6000k. It's REALLY blue. The 8000k is even more so, but the 5000k is white. You can still tell a HUGE difference in the color of the hid vs. halogen and you don't sacrifice any light output or make everything look weird. I'd go with 5000k, but you'll no doubt be happy either way. HID's FTW!

Back