Which Clutch?

For the track a two-stage or multi-stage lockup is always a plus. :thumbsup: There are other types as well.

You guys running the turbo's and gas, do you use a stock clutch? If not what are you using?

The Real Street turbo guys are running regular hand clutches with some stout springs. If you are not planning on running in this class, the best bet for both street and track duty is an MTC Multistage Lockup clutch. If you are not running street at all, your options widen: full sliders, or RCC's "multiglide", which is essentially a "gann style" clutch - a slider with a lever - are very popular, and work well . . . some like the Hayes, also :beerchug:

luv my Hayes :bowdown: Lots of flexibility :thumbsup: I also really like the MTC multi-stage clutch :thumbsup:

P3305542.jpg

I'll be honest, I was thinking of the Gen II multi stage but I like the idea of the Hayes. I am new to an 08, only had three passes on it. I need more seat time before I fit the turbo, which is a Velocity Stage 1. I was just wondering what the general opinion was in relation to clutches when the power output is 240bhp and above. My 99 Busa had an early multistage which was relatively easy to set up for my ET racing.

Thanks.

240hp isn't a problem with a stock style clutch. You can play around with the springs and add spaceers. As you know from ET racing the benefit to the multi's is improved consistancy and the ability to dial in the power to the rear. :thumbsup:

Back