Where did it go? Bubba's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BA BUSA

MotoGP Wannabe
Donating Member
Registered
Bubba posted a thread about his side fairings...and now it's gone ???

I wanted to see the pics. I couldn't tell for sure from my phone what
the problem was and wanted to get a better look at them...was the
thread deleted ??? and why ???

He asked that it be removed.

It should have stayed up, because the question will only come up again.

By leaving it out there people will become more familiar about Busa's...what is normal and what is a potential problem.

If someone asks a question...hopefully it gets answered correctly. Then the info is out there for all to make use of...that's how this board works.

I'm sure he'd be happy to re-launch the thread with the accurate information in it as replied to by you.

We are here to share info and experiences...once a thread is posted, unless the material is inappropriate it should stay up. If someone asks what they think might be a dumb question...who cares...someone still learns something.

Over moderation is a bad thing...

Sounds like it was NOT moderated out, he asked for it to be removed.

I know that he asked it to be removed...just because someone posts something up and then later changes their mind...for whatever reason...does not mean that it SHOULD be removed.

I think someone should have the right to delete a thread that he started.
His reasons whatever they are will be good enough for me.
If someone else wants to post the same thing again, or discuss some information, that would be up to them.
JMO

He posted a question about his side fairing(s) and three pics...I saw it on my phone, and answered the questions...kinda of hard to see the problem on a 2.5" screen. So when I got home I wanted to confirm the problem to make sure he got the info he was looking for. I could have been wrong (imagine that) just wanted to be sure...I don't even think anybody else posted in the thread.

I think he was embarrassed that he asked the question in the first place...no reason for ANYBODY on this board to be so vain.

We are here to share info and experiences...once a thread is posted, unless the material is inappropriate it should stay up. If someone asks what they think might be a dumb question...who cares...someone still learns something.

Over moderation is a bad thing...

Coming from the number one reporter of questionable, bad, or inappropriate threads/posts? This is pretty funny right here. ???

Deleting, editing, and relocating posts is what the mods/admins are here for.

We've got quite an experienced crew of moderators working behind the scenes as well as the FNGs, who are doing a fantastic job.

If I had Deleted the thread in question I don't think you'd have been typing up a "how to moderate" string of posts.

What stays, what goes is handled behind the scenes and it will continue to be handled behind the scenes. Attempting to Lecture a Mod on how to go about this in a public thread is a bad idea.

Last edited:
Stick around we may need a clown, and you're the man! :laugh:

funny funny funny

I did ask for it to be removed because I made a mistake.
I looked at it from a different angle and thought it was an anomaly and it was not, my mistake and my stupidity. I will gladly take all responsibility and ask that this thread be dead. Good night org. If this goes further than this, than Good bye Org. I am weary.
Bubba

funny funny funny

I looked at it from a different angle and thought it was an anomaly and it was not, my mistake and my stupidity. I will gladly take all responsibility and ask that this thread be dead. Good night org. If this goes further than this, than Good bye Org. I am weary.
Bubba

Dont sweat it brother man. :beerchug:

funny funny funny

Bubba

Yeah, Bubba...don't worry about it from a 'being a member of the .oRg' standpoint.

Quality people like you belong here. :beerchug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back