Where are the best rides?

MikesHardware

Never Forgotten
Where is the best rides in N. Cal? Specifically the Bay Area and maybe a little more out like Napa. I most likely want a long tour winding road like up in Napa (cant remember the road) hwy 29 i think...

Mike

Mike,

Most of the roads up near Napa around Lake Berryessa are nice long rides. There's also a road called Skaggs Springs that goes from the Napa area all the way to the coast. Long ride with lots of sweepers... be careful on the weekend, patroled heavily.

You can also take Hwy 92 up to Skyline (left) towards Alice's restaurant, up Hwy 35, down Hwy 9 into Santa Cruz. Lots of twisties. Then turn around and come back Hwy 17 over the Summit.

For lots of choices for good rides, checkout Pashnit.com, or check out the Bay Area Riders Forum (BARF.com) They have lots of great posts on Bay Area roads, where the cops hang out, what road is being repaired, what to stay away from, what roads are recommended etc.... You will like it, they are a great bunch of people!!

Good luck!!

LoBusa

Thats great. I live in Burlingame so the Skyline is always 10mins from my house, but since Ive been off a bike since 98 I guess Ive forgot about most of the good places. Thanks for the information.

Mike

Back