When do you start your Busa?

Sous

Donating Member
Registered
In reference to the fuel pump priming the system, when do you start your bike up?

1. As soon as I can, sometimes just as the pump starts to prime the system.

2. About mid way through the priming of the system.

3. After the pump shuts off and the system is primed.

4. I don't care.....

#3...not in much of a hurry at take off...take my sweet time checkin gear, checkin out bike, warmin up bike...:whistle:

#3, without exception.

I thought this thread was going to be another one about how long to warm up before riding away!

#3, without exception.

I thought this thread was going to be another one about how long to warm up before riding away!

I actually searched for a while as well, could not find anything that centered on the topic. I usually go with #3, but wanted to see what the consensus was on the matter.

Same here, 3, been doing it this way since 2002.
However, the manual states: Start the engine promptly after turning the key to the "ON" position, or the battery will lose power due to consumption by the headlight and taillight.

Really... what does it take for the pump to prime? A couple seconds at most ? I figure if you need to start it to get away quicker than that then you need to worry about that husband that came home expectantly early first and the bike once your out of range. :rofl::rofl:

It's pretty obvious 3

Based on the responses, yes I would say it is obvious. Although, it has not been discussed here that I could find. Also, one member noted above that the manual states differently than what our method of starting is.

I usually do wait until the fuel pump shuts off, but did not know if that was the correct method of starting or if it made no difference at all.

Back