Wheel Chock Review

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
Ok guys and gals, back from the bash. We drove about 1700 miles round trip and used two harbor freight chocks to secure our bikes in the trailer. I only used two tie downs on each bike at the rear. None in front. Because of the 6ft width, I have to overlap the bikes in the trailer and they inches apart.

IMG_0156.JPG

The bikes rode well and were as solid as can be. If anyone is thinking about purchasing one of these, I would recommend them. I wish I could afford something easier to use like the Baxley, but I cant right now. When I say easier to use, the Baxley can be taken in and out of the trailer and used in the garage as well. The Harbor Freight chocks must be mounted to a solid surface to be used. Good luck folks, I am happy with this product.

IMG_0152.JPG

I had been wondering about those chocks and how reliable and sturdy they might be. I'm a cheap sombish but I don't like cheaply made products... Thanks!

They did great Eric, and they were not too close to the brake disc's either.

Ken, what did you get for your trailer?

Thanks MadKat, I am very satisfied.

Great Jim...
meant to ask you how they worked out at the bbq....Did you trailer yours with the bracket you made also for your busa axle?

although Georgia still shivers at the price of the 2 baxleys you did mention the other benifit of the chock, take it out in seconds of trailer and put in garage and bring bikes in...

Great Jim...
meant to ask you how they worked out at the bbq....Did you trailer yours with the bracket you made also for your busa axle?

although Georgia still shivers at the price of the 2 baxleys you did mention the other benifit of the chock, take it out in seconds of trailer and put in garage and bring bikes in...
I did mention that!
laugh.gif
I do wish I could take it out and use them in the garage. The Baxley would be handier! The chocks worked great and I did use the bracket I built, but didnt on the way home. No need for it. The bikes were rock solid. When I get rich and famous, I will get some baxleys!
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

i just bought baxley also-where did you attach straps to on bike-did you use middle holes on chock----?

Oh sure Chris... put my bike on the "ugly step sister" side of the trailer for the ride home.....
rofl.gif
you should buy that image btw... looks pretty darn good
smile.gif

dude !!!! how do you post a picture from killboy ?? unless you bought it..
Click and drag mouse to "highlight" image... then key "ctrl+c" you have now copied the image, paste to your favorite graphics program as a new image.. (outlook/word or other office program works too)

you can dig the image out of your cache file also but this is a bit more technical.. (tools> internet options>browsing history> view files) for IE7

Back