Whats the MAX!!!!!

kidd

Registered
I was looking around at the choices for a turbo system for my busa. There are a lot, but many "only" offer up to about 400 hp. I was looking for the hihghest possible power. I know that Velocity Racing has one system to create 550 hp. Is there anything better??? All i want is maximum thrust. Thanx

You have to ask yourself why you want the max hp. You start going over 300hp for the street you will start having more problems unless you rebuild you motor. Over 4oo is a completely different bike. You can do it but you will need to do lots of things, including stretching the bike. You can run a bigger turbo for more hp, but you also want reliability.

Ninja Eater hit it dead on. Maximum power puts serious strain on an engine, and it won't take it forever. That's why grandma's car lasts forever, she only uses about 25 horsepower out of it... :mad:.

If you're willing to have an unreliable bike that puts out sick horsepower (while it's running), then HP is only limited by your wallet. For a reliable bike, leave it stock :tounge:

My NLR Systems Gen 2 kit puts out more than 600 HP with a stock bore and stroke engine on gasoline. Unless you are Top Speed racing or a Funny Bike at the drags, it is unnecessary. Kit uses an Innovative dual ceramic bearing turbo (61mm) and a stand alone Schnitz ignition and Accel DFI fuel controller with an ice intercooler. This is the big leagues and it is priced accordingly.   LSL

If you want to just put one of the turbo's in Larry's bike into a regular street hayabusa using the stock ECU and drive around on the street,you will have to settle for this like me.However,I decided to upgrade the injectors to run over 600 on the street,but hey,thats just me :D  :laugh:

That is pretty good. No hop or skip at all on the Dyno towards the tail end. Man what did you do nail it down? :eek:

Man what did you do nail it down?  :eek:[/QUOTE] Pretty close--there is a hole in the undertray from tire growth,and the suspension was collapsed from the straps on each side that were used.This is a link to a vid of one of the pulls done at Dyno-Jets R&D facility in Belgrade,Montana.The pulls and horsepower were witnessed and verified by Dyno-Jets engineers.They also video taped it for any "doubters".
http://www.websitemonster.com/nico/movies/P-AMAZINGdyno.mpg

<!--EDIT|hankbooth
Reason for Edit: None given...|1069645634 -->

If you want to just put one of the turbo's in Larry's bike into a regular street hayabusa using the stock ECU and drive around on the street,you will have to settle for this like me.However,I decided to upgrade the injectors to run over 600 on the street,but hey,thats just me :D  :laugh:
That's wicked power, but how do you "use" it on the street? I can not imagine the tire width and frame length it would take to use 2/3'rds of that power... Do you run wheelie bars?

That's wicked power, but how do you "use" it on the street? [/QUOTE] There are no wheelie bars on the bike.A lot of useability is in the way that Dennis set the bike up.As a project bike,we were looking for how much power could be put into a "true" street bike(brakes,bodywork,ect).Then to test what it is capable of,we raced it at Bonneville.I have cruised around on it here,and it runs like most other Hayabusas off boost.It is no different than your bike.How do you use yours on the street?The difference comes in when you are able to put it to the ground,and that is acheived by the way the bike is set up.I can use just as much as you can.I just don't open the throttle quite as far,and I can adjust the boost level down.I have a nice looking map that shows 345 hp. Same engine.I also have the fun of knowing that if I did run into another turbo bike,and we were where we could both use the power we had,All the other guy is gonna see is my ass end :)

Same engine.I also have the fun of knowing that if I did run into another turbo bike,and we were where we could both use the power we had,All the other guy is gonna see is my ass end :)
Hopefully not your ass end going over your head after a 150 mph high-side from breaking traction or flipping. That's sick dude.

I am shocked that you could keep it from dancing around @ 332hp my busa did skipping (no lock up) You using a lock up clutch? Good Job. :D

[/quote]Hopefully not your ass end going over your head after a 150 mph high-side from breaking traction or flipping.  That's sick dude.
Won't happen--like I said--it's in the way its set-up.With the right gearing and TTS 12% od 5th and 6th,plus the boost set where you want it,it runs just like you want it to,because the power and torque delivery set-up is the key to manageability.Also this is not a lock-up.The only thing is the extended swingarm,and thats just a 4".When Dennis built it,he took it out several times and I think once he went like 300 miles someplace with it.If you look at his signature line over at SH.ORG,this is the bike he is talking about--247 on a TRUE streetbike.The only other thing I can do, is when it gets warmer,go out to I-15 and head north.Stay on I-15 till you get here to Great Falls(about 975 miles :) ,and take it for a spin yourself.

<!--EDIT|hankbooth
Reason for Edit: "offer him a ride!"|1069894249 -->

Hopefully not your ass end going over your head after a 150 mph high-side from breaking traction or flipping.  That's sick dude.
Won't happen--like I said--it's in the way its set-up.With the right gearing and TTS 12% od 5th and 6th,plus the boost set where you want it,it runs just like you want it to,because the power and torque delivery set-up is the key to manageability.Also this is not a lock-up.The only thing is the extended swingarm,and thats just a 4".When Dennis built it,he took it out several times and I think once he went like 300 miles someplace with it.If you look at his signature line over at SH.ORG,this is the bike he is talking about--247 on a TRUE streetbike.The only other thing I can do, is when it gets warmer,go out to I-15 and head north.Stay on I-15 till you get here to Great Falls(about 975 miles
smile.gif
,and take it for a spin yourself.
Now your talkin'!!!! Yeah man, I would love to ride that beast! Can I ask what you have invested in that machine? I have been very frustrated by my turbo experience, but hopefully it is coming together now. Not sure if I would build another, but it has crossed my mind. Have to see what next year brings....

Take it easy....

One question though... with the boost controller keeping the power where you need it and the OD transmission, could you really blow-away say a 350hp turbo busa that is not "restricted" with no OD gears? It seems both bikes would be limited by tire spin...

One question though... with the boost controller keeping the power where you need it and the OD transmission, could you really blow-away say a 350hp turbo busa that is not "restricted" with no OD gears? It seems both bikes would be limited by tire spin... [/QUOTE] Yep--once again,it is in the way the bike is set up.If the 350 hp bike is set up like mine,at the point he can use more power,i will walk away,if not,I will be leavin' his ass while he is spinning or lifting.

i dont understand the point in having that much horse power on 2 wheels on the road... 550 hp in a car is a boat load.. let alone on a bike.. that like 1.1hp:1lb that is an insane power/weight ratio.... im all about the 550hp... just on the track where you could use it at full throttle... 10" wide rear tire.. +8" swingarm, lowered,

Plenty of places to use the horsepower. I run a stock wheel base and a 190 Pirelli on the back. I push 310rwhp and use the power even in twisties.

Back