What would you pay or a plug and play Switchback KIT/harness

riccoh

Registered
What would you pay for a plug and play Switchback KIT/harness

Ok so looking on how well this mod sets your bike up, I wonder who here will be willing to patent a KIT and make some money for themselves. This is not all inclusive, but the break down for parts is here and I actually built I second harness when i was doing mine and currently have 2 extra kits with everything listed here.

Not considering taxes/shipping costs on parts/labor, when you look at it, to me it looks like a lot of $$ for this mod. Then again, snce I live in Hawaii, i opted to get enough to make 3 of the same since this mod was a bit of labor, Why do it once when you can do it 3 times for the cost of 4 ( :poke:)

Estimated cost breakdown without shipping/taxes/labor to built harness:
(2) Switchbacks Led towers (30 led's) - $ 51.98
Suzuki tail light sockets (part # SKU: 35718-24F00) - $ 67.05
Suzuki factory connectors (part #122-9655) - $ 12.99
Triddon Turn signal relay flasher (part # EP-35) - $ 24.99
Misc. Wires/connectors/cold shrink - $ 32.99
Parts total - $190.00

What do you all think is a fair price to sell something really plug and play.:whistle:

Last edited:
I bought a pair of GM sockets at local AutoZone for $6 bucks...everything else I needed, I had in my garage - except for the switchback bulbs themselves. So, I guess, to answer your question: I'd pay about $60 total. I still have the OEM flasher, as I do not object to the rapid flash. Mine is probably not a fair answer, tho, because many folks do not have a garage with 35 years worth of accumulated mechanical/electrical pieces, parts, and tools lying around, just waitingto be used for something.

CW

that's exactly my point, If someone else on the mainland can come up on doing something like this I would buy if under or around $100. Here in hawaii we def don't get a lot of love, I think I pay 3 times for the one i did on my bike because everything here is overinflated. we like to mods our bikes just like anyone else but the cost to ship items here well..... you get my point.

I have a PM from a vendor that list them for $40 without bulbs, I have pass that info to some of my fellow busa riders here in hawaii, and they are looking into it. I don't care much for a harness with load equilizers, however, mine are done, just trying to help the those not having the $$ to buy all the factory parts and dont that way. thanks all for the responses, i think this is the best mod for peripheral light, specially if you wear glasses.

gix,
I've been talking with my shop owner and he is really interested in carrying some of this ... i will def let you know as soon as he can get some other guys into this... so far i get a lot of questions, and you sir are the one that offers a complete kit to include bulbs, will this work for the 08's also...

gix,
I've been talking with my shop owner and he is really interested in carrying some of this ... i will def let you know as soon as he can get some other guys into this... so far i get a lot of questions, and you sir are the one that offers a complete kit to include bulbs, will this work for the 08's also...

Any one with an 08 or 09 would have to send me sockets, so far as soon as i find them ill let you know!

Buying them from the dealer is a joke, way too expensive!

Back