What would you guys do?

OB_gixerfreak

Registered
I had the dubious honor of being the first one on this board to dump my busa. It locked up on me shifting from first to second. Well the suzuki rep flew out here and found out that one of the tranny shaft bearings had seized up and basically welded itself to the shaft. I didn't hear (and still haven't) from anyone from suzuki regarding whether I was in a coma or what due to this wreck. The rep said two weeks ago that they were over-night shipping the parts and that I would have the bike back by last weekend. Well I went over today to my dealer and he said maybe by next tuesday. Here is the good part:

He said that someone from suzuki needed a paper signed and sent back to them. It was a document that said something to the effect of
" Suzuki is repairing the bike as a show of good faith and customer satisfaction. It also said that I acknowledge that the dealer and Suzuki motor co. are not responsible and that this was not a manufacturing defect."

SAY WHAT? I may be being unreasonable here but unless the !@#%&% bearings are supposed to seize up im thinking that this is a problem with the bike. Needless to say I didn't sign the form and after I got home I called the suzuki customer service line and ended up leaving a message. I screwed up my hand (still cant type right) and had the usual scratches, bruises, limping etc that comes with laying down a bike. It also kind of pisses me off that no one has called to talk to me directly. I have had people tell me that I should get an injury attorney and am considering doing so. This crap today about signing that release form was about the last straw. What would you guys do?

Sounds like they are stroking you with the repair work so you'll sign off liability on their part. I'm not one to oblige the suing trend, but you may want to consult with someone who has some experience with this sort of thing. If possible, try not to talk to one of those ambulance chasing crook attorneys... maybe get a referral from someone you know. Get well....late.

I had severe warranty problems with Suzuki when i had a Bandit 1200. I WILL NEVER BUY A NEW SUZUKI AGAIN PERIOD!! They mock the entire warranty system. I knew a couple of guys that had to get lawyers involved way back when the GSXR750s had the head gasket recalls. They had to pay for it themselves and then when the recall came out and they wanted to get their money back, Suzuki told them to get bent until the lawyers set a court date. I don't know what to tell you on the injury thing but I'm glad they at least fixed your ride.

Gixer, with the Hayabusa being such a new bike I'd think that you'd have all kinds of leverage against Suzuki to get them to do anything you ask. You might point out your presence on the internet and let them know that thousands of potential customers are following your plight on the internet. With the GSXR750 head gaskets, TLS rotory shock, FI problems of past new models, I'd think Suzuki would be bending over backwards to keept the Hayabusa from being known as another problem new bike.

gixerfreak, first of all, how badly did you get hurt? did it require medical attention? if so, then advise suzuki that you want all meds paid and bike repaired to like new condition and it wouldn't hurt to ask for a few extras. i would ask for the highest authority at suzuki. i would advise that the recent letter that you were requested to sign was a total question of your intelligence and that you don't appreciate it in the least bit. i would not go so far as threatening a law suit, however, i would leave a STRONG impression that this is not the last they heard of this if it's not done and done quickly. WITHOUT ANY SIGNATURE FROM YOU SAYING THAT IT WAS NOT SUZUKI'S RESPONSIBILITY. if this is not a defect, then what is it? i mean, the bike is brand new, you had very few miles on it. so, even if you didn't break it in properly, you couldn't have done this kind of damage in so short a time. me, i'd be happy just to have my bike back in pristine condition, but, i would also ask for any meds to be paid, and i would get something extra, i don't know, maybe a new vanson hayabusa jacket (i got mine and i love it) something to show that they have at least some respect left for themselves. suzuki needs to know that many people are watching this bike and what we post here. let them know that they can't get away with a bunch of stuff like this. you sign that letter, and even the repairs they do won't be covered in the future. trust me. good luck and keep us all posted.
mike

hey guys
great responses
here's another
tell your dealer
tell the rep
tell the company:
you're going to recount this entire story to every magazine for motorcycles
in print
remember suzuki's public relations disaster with the TL1000R (with the whole head shake vs. no head shake issue)
most of you realize that the bike was stable as hell, needing no steering damper whatsoeve
BUT... when the public got a hold of that info, not only did suzuki have to provide dampers (at quite a cost i might add) but their reputation suffered as well

if they good time you over on this deal, let them know that you'll let everyone else know what's wrong with the bike

tell them that you'll recount the entire issue to kawasaki
and that you'll become a spokesperson for the ZX-12
remind them that the ZX-9R NEVER HAD A RECALL
and that you know that the ZX-12 will be the same

that'll rattle them
and kawasaki would love to run with that issue

just try them
they'll find you a new bike pronto

i guarantee it

oh
by the way
i know dave despain at speedvision
maybe they'll video your complaints and play them on the next "motorcyclist" on speedvision (tuesday nights)

how does all that sound???

greg

Get organized, do you have a police report, do you have photos, etc. Record the date and times you have attempted to contact Suzuki.

Send a certified letter to Suzuki requesting everything to be taken care of including any repairs, missed time from work, etc. Inform them that this online board has posted several problems with 5 to 6 shift problems, and transmission problems in general. Inform them that you are working through proper legal channels and would like to have an expedited resolution.

Keep us informed, maybe for all the bikes that have had shifting problems we could email to a specific Suzuki site to post our complaints.

Back