What would you do to your Busa for $5K

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
What would you upgrade on your Busa if you had a $5,000 budget? I don't know if I'll have $5K to spend but that's about what I am thinking of spending. I need the suspension fixed. It's stock now and I'm a heavy guy at 300 lbs dressed. I think at a minimum I need to change springs all around. I also need a new exhaust as I messed up my right R-77 carbon fiber in a little spill. It sucks because I was planning on selling the slipons and getting a full exhaust. I like the Bazzaz with TC too. Of course Brembos on the front end would be nice too.

For cosmetics, I like the new Tiger tail trunk and I need a new rear hump cowl. I like to ride the twisties so I would not consider anything for posing. Also no stretching or lowering. I also don't like the exhaust too loud as I typically ride for long rides and the noise gets annoying after 4-5 hours. Here's the stuff I already have:

Garmin 660 GPS
2-way radio
Puig DB
HID's
Radar
AutoCom
Yoshi R77 slipons
Brembo MC & SS lines
Power Commander V, K&N and custom map
Air Horn
Cruise Control
Frame Sliders & case savers
Custom Paint
Vortex Rearsets
Suzuki Gel seat
1" riser dog bones

I would do some crazy custom things with 5k. No turbo but I would just redo so many minor details. Probably have some custom one of a kind stuff made.

240 or 300 can be ridden. I don't want a 6 inch stretch. I want the minim I can get and right now thats 2 over from roaring toyz.

My full dual Akrapovic can't be heard over the wind above 45mph with the baffles in, if you like quiet exhaust. You can hear it fine at any speed with the baffles out, and it's still pretty quiet.
ECU Editor from boostbysmith.com, just being able to turn off the factory restrictions and top speed limiter is worth it even if you never tune with it. You'd be amazed at the power gain with the restrictions turned off.
Suspension definately, and set the sag when you're done.
EBC HH Extreme Pro brake pads, big improvement in stopping power.
Heli-bars and risers, make long rides alot more comfortable.
Progrip 761 gel touring grips, not soft and mushy and have a better shape than stock.
Maybe some new gear and extra sets of tires?
Just a few ideas, good luck with whatever you choose.
AND, there's always BST's with ceramic bearings and new rotors:laugh:

My full dual Akrapovic can't be heard over the wind above 45mph with the baffles in, if you like quiet exhaust. You can hear it fine at any speed with the baffles out, and it's still pretty quiet.
ECU Editor from boostbysmith.com, just being able to turn off the factory restrictions and top speed limiter is worth it even if you never tune with it. You'd be amazed at the power gain with the restrictions turned off.
Suspension definately, and set the sag when you're done.
EBC HH Extreme Pro brake pads, big improvement in stopping power.
Heli-bars and risers, make long rides alot more comfortable.
Progrip 761 gel touring grips, not soft and mushy and have a better shape than stock.
Maybe some new gear and extra sets of tires?
Just a few ideas, good luck with whatever you choose.
AND, there's always BST's with ceramic bearings and new rotors:laugh:

I like akraprovics but they dont aesthetically please me like the sexy brocks do....:laugh:

I like akraprovics but they dont aesthetically please me like the sexy brocks do....:laugh:

06+5Bussa and I ride together, and he has the full dual Brocks.
It's a higher pitch than the Akrapovic but it sounds really good too.
And...some looney on here is trying to put dual alien heads on his Busa, you should look into that:poke::laugh:

I really like the Akropovics but at that price I just couldn't pass the Brocks dual Ct's. Admittedly the Brocks aren't exactly quiet but when you're that sexy you get to be louder than everyone else :laugh: I will get an ECU editor no matter what I do.

Beef up the suspension 1st. Get an exhaust that you like visually and then go from there. Reason I say "visually" is because unless you trying to squeeze every last hp out of a motor, the difference between exhausts performance is minimal. sound being the next factor.

I have a well used gen I. I love the gen I so I would probably sell mine and buy a very mint unmolested gen I. I know that doesn't really help.

If that wasn't an option, turbo would be the path I would follow. :thumbsup:

Back