What would make bike die only after it get hot

If you have the original fuel lines, those are pretty weak and prone to collapse.

High pressure line is better, but since it isn't formed like OEM you have the problem of it kinking when the tank is down. You'll probably notice this most when it's hot and you go over bumps. That's when it's most likely to cut out. When I had the external with the K&N fuel filter, I ended up running long line from the pump to the right, around the frame and back to the fuel rail and tank.

It worked great till I got hit and ended up replacing the tank with a 2001 when I repainted it.

are the lines noticably soft when you squeeze them if its that?

Hey 99 busa...... !!!!

i wrote about this happening to me a few weeks ago.. and not one mechanic in this damn country can tell me whats the matter.. if u find out PLEASE PLEASE PM me with what u know.....
i'm diying to get my bike to run..
i have the exact symptoms as ur bike.. and i cant spend any more $$ on fixing anything that might be suspicious................I need to find a solution and thats it..........

my story...............................

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/busa-problems/93012-over-heating-stalling-99-busa.html

nothing has worked with me yet.. so i'll be waiting on u bro..

take care

Bike was blowing fuses and dying..

Changed pump and no more blown fuses... (could have been another electrical issue but more likely the pump)

Now that the fuse blowing issue is gone, the bike wants to keel over when hot.. question is was this problem there before and was just masked by the blown fuse issue? (was the bike dying before and the fuse problem started too?)

I told him over the phone that a fuel pressure check is necessary.. If the pressure is low, the fuel could be boiling in the lines causing something of a vapor lock.. (the tank vent could have the same effect, that is easy to check, pop the cap and use your ears)

Something I have seen (but is rare and you can feel it) is a the fuel line on the suction side of a system delaminating... the inside of the line collapses and the outside looks fine..

Just go buy a new line and be done with it.. (make sure you buy FI line, not regular fuel line, big difference)

Another "possible" is something floating around in the fuel tank blocking the pickup or clogged screen.. If you are a DIY type, this stuff is all pretty easy.. not so easy when you have to take it to a shop ($$$)

sure if it is not fixed by bash, there are enough eyes to fix it there..

Bike was blowing fuses and dying..

Changed pump and no more blown fuses... (could have been another electrical issue but more likely the pump)

Now that the fuse blowing issue is gone, the bike wants to keel over when hot.. question is was this problem there before and was just masked by the blown fuse issue? (was the bike dying before and the fuse problem started too?)

I told him over the phone that a fuel pressure check is necessary.. If the pressure is low, the fuel could be boiling in the lines causing something of a vapor lock.. (the tank vent could have the same effect, that is easy to check, pop the cap and use your ears)

Something I have seen (but is rare and you can feel it) is a the fuel line on the suction side of a system delaminating... the inside of the line collapses and the outside looks fine..

Just go buy a new line and be done with it.. (make sure you buy FI line, not regular fuel line, big difference)

Another "possible" is something floating around in the fuel tank blocking the pickup or clogged screen.. If you are a DIY type, this stuff is all pretty easy.. not so easy when you have to take it to a shop ($$$)

sure if it is not fixed by bash, there are enough eyes to fix it there..

Thanks Randy. I passed that along. They already checked filters thinking it could be paint but they're clean. As far as using FI line is that as apposed to carbeurator line. And I'm assuming that FI line means fuel injection line.??? because I'm assuming a higher psi rating.

I'm still thinking that the vent is plugged and then as fuel is consumed, a vacuum builds up enough in the tank that it won't let the fuel be pumped to the throttle bodies.

i've been having similar problems with my 2001 busa since rebuiding it
it would heat up in slow traffic then die- starter would crank slowly but when left to cool it would fire up normally!
now i'm blowing igntion fuses in a matter of minutes and some times the starter won't make a noise at all but fuel system is operating
please let me know if you find a solution to your problem- it may help with mine

i tried to get pic on last post
hope it works this time

IMAG3072.JPG

i've been having similar problems with my 2001 busa since rebuiding it
it would heat up in slow traffic then die- starter would crank slowly but when left to cool it would fire up normally!
now i'm blowing igntion fuses in a matter of minutes and some times the starter won't make a noise at all but fuel system is operating
please let me know if you find a solution to your problem- it may help with mine

when i figure it out I'll def. post here what it was. im picking up the bike today to see if it was the fuel line collapsing. all their doing is replacing the line this time cause they still cant get it to do it to them. hopefully its good this time but my luck its still broke:banghead:

DING DING DING

Well it would appear to be the fuel line. It was kinking AFTER you drop the tank. The line was in kind of a bind and folding. The idle seems to still be a little iffy somtimes though. There could have been a little paint contaminant in the tank that worked its way to the injectors. I put some lucas injector cleaner in it so we'll see how she acts this weekend.

:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

I have the same problem,after I changed one of the fuel lines and took off the metal spring that goes around the lines it started happening too me,

Back