What to do.

GMbusa

Orange is the fastest
Donating Member
Registered
What to do when the bike you've been building doesn't do it for you anymore.  I've been building/riding my Busa for the last 3-4yrs and my intrest is gone in it. Not in Busa's, just in mine. I think i want to build another bike, but what do you build when the Busa is what you like? Sure there are other bikes, but i'm unsure of what to do. Everytime i get on the road i say to myself "I'm done" Is this a sign of maybe i just need some time off, or that i'm burnt out. I still want to ride. I want the happiness  i used to have where i looked forward to riding my Busa. Honestly, i don't have that anymore. The only reason i even road it the other day to work was because my truck was low on fuel.

Heck, it sounds as if i'm depressed after rereading this thread.

I guess leaving it stock and riding the pi$$ out of it is out of the question
argue.gif

I would build another Busa but go in a totally different
direction than the first or just build a new stack (1000)

Here's the problem, whatever i get it has to be my do it all bike. A liter or Italian twin will not fill that quota. Also, me being 6'4 and 295 aint helping.

Yep, unfortunately i am Greg. I'm sporting the orange bodywork currently.

Greg, you said you never seen the orange body mounted. Here's a peek from a year ago.

orange2.jpg

(GMbusa @ Aug. 16 2007,23:00) Yep, unfortunately i am Greg. I'm sporting the orange bodywork currently.
Man I was really waiting for the punch line here.

I do like the orange.
beerchug.gif

(GMbusa @ Aug. 16 2007,19:48) What to do when the bike you've been building doesn't do it for you anymore.  I've been building/riding my Busa for the last 3-4yrs and my intrest is gone in it. Not in Busa's, just in mine. I think i want to build another bike, but what do you build when the Busa is what you like? Sure there are other bikes, but i'm unsure of what to do. Everytime i get on the road i say to myself "I'm done"    Is this a sign of maybe i just need some time off, or that i'm burnt out. I still want to ride. I want the happiness  i used to have where i looked forward to riding my Busa. Honestly, i don't have that anymore. The only reason i even road it the other day to work was because my truck was low on fuel.

Heck, it sounds as if i'm depressed after rereading this thread.
Was the build up a real pain? Maybe you just got so into the building it kinda burned you out? What exactly does your busa not do for you now? Not fast enough? Too problematic? I might get flamed for this....but I came across a screaming deal on a low mileage blue ZX-14, so I bought it. Actually having the busa and the 14 has increased my interest in riding cause' its such a diff experience on each bike. I've gone through periods of less riding and more...but I've always had at least one bike around for those days when you need a good head clearing ride  
wink.gif

Just ship the dayum thing to me and be done with it big guy; anything for an oRg member.

I wish I had the cake for a 14, and my Busa !! No flaming here.

I use to wake up, and jump out of bed to ride ! I would get up around 4:30 am just so I could get in a ride before work. I didn't care if it was raining, or not. Lately, it seems like I have to talk myself into a ride. Most of the time when I get back from a ride, I'm glad I did !! I always ride alone, I wonder if that's it ? Or going through a seperation with my wife of 8 years ? Who knows.... I do know that I don't want to get rid of it !!

OH GOD, NOW I'M DEPRESSED !!!!!    If I can't get exitement on a BUSA, I'm doomed !!

Back