What Tires Do you Run?

Have your suspension adjusted properly
and you shouldn't see any more cupping
on the front tire.

Here in the states our Busa's cup the front
tire on the left side, your cupping should be
on the right side of your front tire.

Anybody know why that is ???

The crown of the road, for water run-off(the highest point of a properly made road is the center, slightly dropping to each edge), and the side of the road we drive on.

The crown of the road, for water run-off(the highest point of a properly made road is the center, slightly dropping to each edge), and the side of the road we drive on.

Nope, the crown of the road comes in contact near the
center of the tire...the cupping on the tire occurs more
toward the edge of the tire.

Nope, the crown of the road comes in contact near the
center of the tire...the cupping on the tire occurs more
toward the edge of the tire.

The crown is the center of the road.
So we actually drive on a very slight right side slope no matter which direction we're going.
I don't see how the crown could contact the center only and not the left edge of a tire.
Given that we drive on the opposite side of the road compared to most of the rest of the world, that would explain the opposite side wearing.
Improper suspension set-up as said can cause cupping, and so can incorrect tire pressure.

Have your suspension adjusted properly
and you shouldn't see any more cupping
on the front tire.

Here in the states our Busa's cup the front
tire on the left side, your cupping should be
on the right side of your front tire.

Anybody know why that is ???

I don't have issues with cupping, but if one has cupping what is the mechanism, or process of suspension factors causing the cupping?

Compression, if so how does it cause the tire to cup?

Rebound, same as above?

Both of the above?

Sag and how does it cause cupping?

All of the above and how does that react between tire and asphalt, to prevent cupping?

Pilot Road 4s at present, no idea how far they'll go. S20s did around 3000 miles, about the same as the OEM BT015s.

I'm kinda suspicious when guys say they get big clicks out of a sports tyre on a Busa...

Back