What is your mileage?

SierraFlyer

Registered
The only problem with the Busa is range. I am getting 41-42 highway at sea level and about 44 at 6000 ft. In town it drops to 36-38 - 35 if I am racing. So with 4.3 usable gallons before the low light comes on, that means a range of 145 to 190 miles max between gas stations. Not quite enough in Nevada deserts. 220 would be better.

I noticed that the fuel mileage computer is accurate even though the speedo is off by 8% fast. Strange but true....The gallons at fill up multipled by the MPG from the dash gave me an answer about 8% lower than the odometer miles which I know is high by 8%. Anybody else get this result?

that is very good mileage
i dont get that much from my bike
usually in the 32-35 shhowing on the computer

it all depends on what mods you have..... I used to get in the mid to upper 40's all the time before my bde... no I get low to mid 30's.
wow.gif
ahh well I didn't buy the bike cuz it got good gas mileage!!

After the mods I've been getting between 28-38 depending on throttle application .

I get b/w 35 - 40 MPG with my baby! Not complaining because my truck gets about 18 MPG!

'busa.........36-38mpg...................POS car............22mpg............expedition.............14mpg...............suburban.......
....13mpg.....................Hayabusa.....it's the most fun and best milage too!!!!

My Busa computer has never shown better than 31 mpg. I don't complain though cuz the vet gets 10.....
smile.gif

Depending on gearing and how fast ya wana run on my trip last summer with 17/42 i would average about 37 doing about 80 most of the time otherwise i vary from 30 to 45 but the 45 was with stock gearing

Depending on gearing and how fast ya wana run on my trip last summer with 17/42 i would average about 37 doing about 80 most of the time otherwise i vary from 30 to 45 but the 45 was with stock gearing
that had to be stock exhaust.... any of the full systems usually yield around 30 or so mpg.

nope fst no stock exhaust i don't even know what it woulda got with stock i yanked that before i ever rode the bike thats with my Dual Hi's but ya gotta rember 80 constit all the time on the highway was the only way i saw that 37 that is really the best i could get at that speed i got the 45 when i was stock gearing and riding in MN doing at the most 55 to 65 for that trip was riding with some cruiser guys on a poker run so i was being nice for once
cool.gif

Back