What is this tool and what is it used for?

Postal

Donating Member
Registered

tool.jpg

reminds me of a bearing press, but doesn't look quite right for that

No mechanics on here? My Niece has this at her house in CA and wants to sell it in a yard sale. She doesn't know what it is.

Maybe something to do with packing loose bearings and holding them in a race. I havent seen this one before.

Maybe a race bearing and seal driver set. Do a search for them it seems closely related!

I've seen it before but can't remember what it is. I can tell you by the handle it looks like a craftsman tool but I can't find it on their website. Must be an old tool.

The dies look like bushing drivers but the screwdriver handled part doesn't jive with that. Does it thread in or screw in?

My dad is a tech old school but he is out a better snap shot of the attachment for when he comes back be good

When is the sale? My dad was a mechanic for 40 years, but I won't see him till Saturday.

No markings. I told her to just mail it to me and I'd give her $20 for it to help her out with her yard sale. I'll look it over real good when I get it in my hands.

Thanks all!

Blinker fluid........:rofl:

and ps: I've worked on cars, boats, bikes, race cars, go karts, slot cars, and about anything else that rolls for the last 40 years, and I can't figure this one out.

You mean you didn't get a fresh supply for winter postal :poke:

There was a group while a while back

blink fluid.jpg

Well, she sold it out from under me so I guess we will never know now..........:hmmm:

Back