Votes: 30 54.5%
  • 221 - 250

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • 251 - 300

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • 301 - 500

Votes: 3 5.5%

• Total voters
Stock is 187 at the engine so what 165 at the tire?.....it will take a pretty good bump to get it over 200 rwhp.
Three cats in a choker exhaust, long stacks for torque, ECU that kills power all of which make the bike meet EURO 5 standards. Plan is to drop the exhaust ( in ‘08 ) that dropped 37 lbs. I can imagine 50 maybe 60 on the G3, short stacks, loose a little torque but increase HP, and last but not least flash the ECU

Three cats in a choker exhaust, long stacks for torque, ECU that kills power all of which make the bike meet EURO 5 standards. Plan is to drop the exhaust ( in ‘08 ) that dropped 37 lbs. I can imagine 50 maybe 60 on the G3, short stacks, loose a little torque but increase HP, and last but not least flash the ECU
I guess time will tell....be nice if it did break 200 but I'm skeptical....it depends what those exhaust are made out of if that sort of weight will be shed...the gen 2 was stainless.

I think to answer how much hp it needs you have to answer “needs to do what?”
To have the more than any bike? Then find the most HP bike and add 1
To have the most hp to weight ratio, easy math, add 1 to that competition too
To be a great bike for street? Well haven’t they done that?
Maybe all they needed to do is add 1 to last Gen. and they didn’t do that.

It's all relative....we are settling for a bike and making excuses as to why we are settling...

Nobody actually needs more than an R3 or equivalent for the street in reality. There are already lots of good bikes for the street-this bike was not born to be a good bike for the street, it was born to scare those bikes.

The day will come when someone is riding along on their brand new Hayabusa and some muscle shirt, shorts and flip flop wearing guy on an S1000RR will dust them.....then the thought this bike should have had at least a 1440 will cross their minds.

People want more out of this bike and it hasn't even been delivered to the dealers yet-there is already lots of talk about what it will do with an ECU flash, pipe and filter...if it had the power it should have had from the get go, the necessity to do mods to it right away would have been negated somewhat.

Suzuki saw the market was dead for the hyper bike segment and reacted accordingly with the inception of this bike.

My $0.02 of course.

It's all relative....we are settling for a bike and making excuses as to why we are settling...

Nobody actually needs more than an R3 or equivalent for the street in reality. There are already lots of good bikes for the street-this bike was not born to be a good bike for the street, it was born to scare those bikes.

The day will come when someone is riding along on their brand new Hayabusa and some muscle shirt, shorts and flip flop wearing guy on an S1000RR will dust them.....then the thought this bike should have had at least a 1440 will cross their minds.

People want more out of this bike and it hasn't even been delivered to the dealers yet-there is already lots of talk about what it will do with an ECU flash, pipe and filter...if it had the power it should have had from the get go, the necessity to do mods to it right away would have been negated somewhat.

Suzuki saw the market was dead for the hyper bike segment and reacted accordingly with the inception of this bike.

My $0.02 of course.
Not going to be just a BMW any of the litre bikes will eat modified gen 2's from rolls the gen 3 will be left in the dust with out serious rider mod/mods. I follow a few guys on instgram with unopened zx-10's GSXers BMW's R1's and Ducati's eating heavily modified busas from rolls though the busas do usually have better top end 200+mph. wish I could upload the videos on here.

Not going to be just a BMW any of the litre bikes will eat modified gen 2's from rolls the gen 3 will be left in the dust with out serious rider mod/mods. I follow a few guys on instgram with unopened zx-10's GSXers BMW's R1's and Ducati's eating heavily modified busas from rolls though the busas do usually have better top end 200+mph. wish I could upload the videos on here.
I would have thought the higher torque values of the Hayabusa would have them fare better...but of course there's the weight thing too...

I've seen more than a few You Tube videos that show the Hayabusa walking away into the distance against most liter bikes...and lots of You Tube videos of the opposite as well...

It's a crap shoot.

I would have thought the higher torque values of the Hayabusa would have them fare better...but of course there's the weight thing too...

I've seen more than a few You Tube videos that show the Hayabusa walking away into the distance against most liter bikes...and lots of You Tube videos of the opposite as well...

It's a crap shoot.
Digs is where the bigger bikes shine I know I'd be disappointed if I bought a brand new busa and have to throw cash into it not to get eaten by its little brother the GSX-1000. But then again I run a little modified gen 1 and have been beaten on alot and still have a smile on my face.

Digs is where the bigger bikes shine I know I'd be disappointed if I bought a brand new busa and have to throw cash into it not to get eaten by its little brother the GSX-1000. But then again I run a little modified gen 1 and have been beaten on alot and still have a smile on my face.
I never get in any situations where my bike has to prove itself anymore.....thank goodness

I generally go out on the backroads by myself and enjoy the ride.

I recall a time when my highly modified RD400 Daytona ran circles around a friend of mine's brand new CB750F...he was pretty cranky about that especially after all the smack he was talking about my RD beforehand..

My $0.02 of course.
I'm 64 years old and use mine for sporty touring don't care about more horse power want comfort.at 100 it cruises easily and rarely go faster than traffic allows.dont care about racing.

I'm 64 years old and use mine for sporty touring don't care about more horse power want comfort.at 100 it cruises easily and rarely go faster than traffic allows.dont care about racing.
In this essence any bike will do what you are seeking.

A Hayabusa is supposed to be more....it was designed and bred to be a street dominator and turn incredible laps at Nuremburg....

However I digress as Suzuki (and users) have decreed the original intent of the Hayabusa is no longer relative or required. I'm fine with that as Kawasaki won the hyper bike war long ago.

The Hayabusa has gone down the path of many bikes before it...into history books.

I do think Suzuki missed the mark and should have focused on making this bike into a decent sport tour bike along the lines of the H2SX SE.

Lot's of discussion about how Suzuki missed the mark so I wanted to put this poll up there and see exactly what the group thought the right amount of HP would be right for the Gen 3
But if the bikes speed is still restricted, then what difference will it make if you have extra h/p, ? Seriously, it's got more mid range power where most riders will be and it has 2× launch control modes and 3× power modes. It's got 10× traction controls settings, and it's got slight physical change which is what people have called for yet people are unhappy. My opinion is wait till it hits the streets , test ride it with it set up then judge it. Until then stfu , allthis whining is ridiculous

But if the bikes speed is still restricted, then what difference will it make if you have extra h/p, ? Seriously, it's got more mid range power where most riders will be and it has 2× launch control modes and 3× power modes. It's got 10× traction controls settings, and it's got slight physical change which is what people have called for yet people are unhappy. My opinion is wait till it hits the streets , test ride it with it set up then judge it. Until then stfu , allthis whining is ridiculous
Agressive.... I'd like to hear from the guys who drag race, the numbers don't lie. It will be a great tour/sport bike if that's what you are looking for! But as a straight line monster? Yes the modes are nice and launch control if it works properly, but linked brake system? Seriously? I'm to poor to afford one anyways hahaha. Also it's nice people are talking about it and conversering I don't think anyone needs to STFU about their opinions. It's forum we come on here to discuss and talk.

Agressive.... I'd like to hear from the guys who drag race, the numbers don't lie. It will be a great tour/sport bike if that's what you are looking for! But as a straight line monster? Yes the modes are nice and launch control if it works properly, but linked brake system? Seriously? I'm to poor to afford one anyways hahaha. Also it's nice people are talking about it and conversering I don't think anyone needs to STFU about their opinions. It's forum we come on here to discuss and talk.
But to constantly whinge about what is missing over what it's got? The new videos posted by manufacturer explains the rhyme and reason for sticking with the 1340 , sounds like the 1440 engine may have been more complicated to get to euro5 requirement. But I do stand by my view, people are too quick to judge a bike that hasn't even hit the showroom floor, besides , how many of those who drag race them are gonna keep it stock ? My view is at least 80% will keep it stock, therefore more horses wont make that much more difference considering the bike is still restricted, even more the bike will be best compared to the ZX14 as both are similar rides and size unlike the H2 which is a different ride all together

But to constantly whinge about what is missing over what it's got? The new videos posted by manufacturer explains the rhyme and reason for sticking with the 1340 , sounds like the 1440 engine may have been more complicated to get to euro5 requirement. But I do stand by my view, people are too quick to judge a bike that hasn't even hit the showroom floor, besides , how many of those who drag race them are gonna keep it stock ? My view is at least 80% will keep it stock, therefore more horses wont make that much more difference considering the bike is still restricted, even more the bike will be best compared to the ZX14 as both are similar rides and size unlike the H2 which is a different ride all together
....you forgot the "mike drop" so we know the discussion on the much awaited Gen 3 is now over.

Many people are and aren't entirely happy with the Gen 3 Hayabusa Suzuki produced and they want to come on this here Suzuki Hayabusa forum and say so either way...I say it's better to talk about a gen 3 than politics any day.

I personally don't mind it as I already have a Hayabusa I like and am not planning on getting another bike...ever....

But to constantly whinge about what is missing over what it's got? But I do stand by my view, people are too quick to judge a bike that hasn't even hit the showroom floor, besides , how many of those who drag race them are gonna keep it stock ?
Can I just remind you that we have waited and waited and waited for this bike... and what we get (after 14 years) is a gen 2 with better brakes, new fairing and electronics... but less horse power and 8 mpg worse on fuelling. Can you name me a single bike that has got less power after 10 years... you can’t because only Suzuki do this to their customers it would seem... and on the back of it they try and twist marketing hype to make you think the 2% increase in mid range makes up for this... and now people are trying to defend their actions!!!

People are even saying ‘oh but with a $2000 exhaust and ECU flash it’ll almost be competitive against modern machinery’!!!

it’s a Busa ffs... we have a right to ‘whinge’ that it doesn’t push the boundaries after 14 years!!

Now that the Gen3 has a catalytic in mufflers too,will that make it necessary to flash ECU in order to put slip on mufflers because as far as i know removing catalytic changes the engine back compression which then needs ECU to be flashed.
As Gen2 had no catalytic in mufflers therefore putting a slip on free flow after market exhaust was simple.
Just by putting a free flow after market exhaust how much HP can be gained ?

Back