What is the pair valve mod albout

dbankhotbusa

Registered
Hello Busa owners. My question is what is the pair valve mod, and what does it do? I'm always looking for preformance gains.

04 BLK/PURPLE BUSA
FULL MUZZY
PCIII W/CUSTOM MAP
16/40
TRE
K&N

you would think that people would use the search feature before asking such basic questions.

or even look in the engine and performance mods section...it's only the TOP STICKY THREADY SO THAT PEOPLE WILL STOP ASKING AND JUST READ IT FIRST!

they are just new to the site and don't know anybetter. And sometimes it just easier to post then look. depending on how popular the question is.

Welcome to the board! It will help keep your bike from back firing after you install a full system. The "PAIR" system injects oxygen into your exhaust to help with emissions. Unburned fuel in your exhaust cant ignite with the PAIR system on causing back firing or "popping" sound as you let off the throttle. Some just remove the PAIR system, others do the "marble mod". Hope that answers your question.
tounge.gif

they are just new to the site and don't know anybetter. And sometimes it just easier to post then look. depending on how popular the question is.
exactly why we should "point" them in the right direction...
stop spoon feeding everyone like their infants.
they will be better members for it in the long run...

there should be some sort of test for our new folks.....so they might at least prove to at least have common sense enuf unitilze the tools provided.
I could see it otherwise if there was no earch tool or it didn't work...but it does (for the most part)....you just have to be as specific as possible for your topic.

wink.gif

Kind of defeating the pupose of the board arent you cruise?  If you cant come in here and ask questions ( as simple as they might be to you ) then what is the point of the board??  Put yourself in a "new to the site persons shoes".  Judging from your comments i doubt you have even thought about that.  You've been signed up on the board for over a year... this guy just signed up... how bout cutting him some slack...  
rock.gif
Its responses like that, that will end up turning a new member away.

<!--EDIT|TSgt
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150067309 -->

Kind of defeating the pupose of the board arent you cruise?  If you cant come in here and ask questions ( as simple as they might be to you ) then what is the point of the board??  Put yourself in a "new to the site persons shoes".  Judging from your comments i doubt you have even thought about that.  You've been signed up on the board for over a year... this guy just signed up... how bout cutting him some slack...  
rock.gif
Its responses like that, that will end up turning a new member away.
+1...... O And welcome to the site Hotbusa....

they are just new to the site and don't know anybetter.  And sometimes it just easier to post then look.  depending on how popular the question is.

there should be some sort of test for our new folks.....so they might at least prove to at least have common sense enuf unitilze the tools provided.
I could see it otherwise if there was no earch tool or it didn't work...but it does (for the most part)....you just have to be as specific as possible for your topic.

wink.gif
Okay... Tests...

How about spelling if you want to get on peoples cases?

It's spelled enough, not enuf...

Welcome hotbusa... Busacruise is usually a cool guy, don't mind this thread. I'll stick up for ya... for now atleast.
biggrin.gif
Just remember, search button is your friend.
wink.gif

wink.gif

Welcome to the board!  It will help keep your bike from back firing after you install a full system.  The "PAIR" system injects oxygen into your exhaust to help with emissions.  Unburned fuel in your exhaust cant ignite with the PAIR system on causing back firing or "popping" sound as you let off the throttle.  Some just remove the PAIR system, others do the "marble mod".  Hope that answers your question.  
tounge.gif
well kinda...

PAIR valve is no different in theory than a smog pump on a car. Basically if floods your exhaust flow with clean air so it is diluted enough to pass specs.

PAIR defeat is basically just eliminating the valve.

PAIR mod...reroutes your PAIR valve to draw fresh air from your crank case rather than your airbox.....theory behind this is that lowering crankcase pressure will free up horsepower. No noticable gains at your butt will be felt.....lowering crankcase pressure can and has been noted to sometimes cause a "low oil" reading at you dash and ecu.

they are just new to the site and don't know anybetter.  And sometimes it just easier to post then look.  depending on how popular the question is.

wink.gif
Okay... Tests...

How about spelling if you want to get on peoples cases?

It's spelled enough, not enuf...

Welcome hotbusa... Busacruise is usually a cool guy, don't mind this thread. I'll stick up for ya... for now atleast.
biggrin.gif
Just remember, search button is your friend.
wink.gif
Okay, I think Yamahor is on to something.

I think we should start with Cruise? A grammar/spelling test would be in order no doubt. It's "like they are infants" not "like their infants" and it's "Utilize" not unitilze :-)

Welcome to the board hotbusa! You'll find most everybody on here is both friendly and helpful. However, you'll generally find one redneck in every crowd.

No question is dumb if you don't know the answer!

wink.gif

laugh.gif
  Sorry you are having a bad morining cruise. Dont take it our on the dog.  
poke.gif

These guys are great HotBusa dont run off just yet.
egitarre77.gif

I cant speel werth a shiot.
face7.gif

But I do know that the marlbe mod works for slip ons, if you have a full muzzy then you should have removed all the pair junk and blocked off the openings.

Check this thread out.

<!--EDIT|heavybusa
Reason for Edit: "told you I couldn't spell"|1150114083 -->

so...I was wound a little tight yesterday....still no reason for people not to take a look around first.....perhaps even in the right threads?

as for the grammar bit.... 1/2 the knuckle headed posts in this place are filled with "ENOUGH"grammatical errors that make ebonics look like an improvement.

so if I CHOOSE to use wurds like enuf and skillz....because it's a vernacular of the word and not a real lack of comprehension with the english language (as it is with most people)...then so be it.
I'll gladly not use them....if this site could go just one week with out everyone's redneck - hillbilly - etc.... input.
Until you've met me, you cannot put me in my place, pass judgement, or know just what point I am trying to make.
I'll be the first to admit it when I am wrong, no question of that.
wink.gif

as for Hot-Busa? Don't take most of what sounds like anger at face value. Play close attention to emoticons (hint-hint)
Welcome.
beerchug.gif

you would think that people would use the search feature before asking such basic questions.

or even look in the engine and performance mods section...it's only the TOP  STICKY THREADY SO THAT PEOPLE WILL STOP ASKING AND JUST READ IT FIRST!
Hey, he just got started it...instead yelling at him, show him around...how to do things, and...you know what I mean...
rock.gif

Back