What is the best Bike to Bike Commincation??

BusaHottie

Registered
<span style='font-family:arial'></span>I remember seeing a topic on this once but for the life of me....I can't find it!!

Does anyone know the best device(s) to communicate with another rider...???(ok, other than sign language!)

Microphones, throat mics, two-way radios, etc......HELP!!!
poke.gif
<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'></span>

My wife and I use Chatterbox. It ain't perfect but it's pretty damn useful once you've learned how to use it.

--Wag--

Chatterbox is good. You can also talk with people on walkie talkies...this is useful when family is traveling with you in a car.

I use an autocom setup - pricey, but IMO it works much better than the Chatterbox.

(Wag @ Aug. 17 2007,22:00) My wife and I use Chatterbox.  It ain't perfect but it's pretty damn useful once you've learned how to use it.

--Wag--
Wife and i have used Chatterbox X1's and they work great. She struggles to use the VOX and has to push to talk but VOX works great for me. She is a new rider and having the ability to be in her helmet sayin; Watch out for that idiot, guy coing out of parking lot and that ars is making a left in front of you has proved to be worth every cent spent on them times 100. Makes it easier when we get split up at a light or in traffic also. Functionally, it takes so getting used to but they good and not to expensive.

Only problem is when she sings to me (an excited newbie) they are not full duplex so i have to listen until she is finished.
biggrin.gif

I am 100% with Shawn on this one---did a ton of research to try and find the best performance for the money for my wife and I --- went with the Autocomm Duo Kit.....about 350$ but worth EVERY penny...we can communicate (rider-to-passenger) easily at 80mph with very little wind noise interference...that's about as fast as she'll ride with me...
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
But the quality of the product is phenominal...good luck with your choice!! - Chris

100_4456copy.jpg

I also have the Autocom, its far from plug and play but worth the money for sure. The best factor about the Chatterbox if you do guided sportbike tours or the like you can chat with a bunch of people not just your passenger. Really comes in handy when you wreck on a ride to give others the heads up.

Yes and you can do rider to passenger and rider to rider at the same time. Intercom (rider to passenger) actually works better then bike to bike, its full duplex (rider and passenger can talk at the same time).

Autocomm will do it all too....full duplex communication, capability for cell phone, radar, mp3, bike-to-bike, rider-to-passenger, etc........just have to configure it the way ya want it....
beerchug.gif

+1 for chatterbox. I have older FRS-X2's from feebay I use with son on dirtbikes. Recently used one as intercom with daughter and it worked well. Hooked up her IPOD too and it was first time I ever listened to music on the Busa. At higher speeds the wind noise was extreme, but this is an older non noise reducing set.

Back