What (if any) gear do you wear when its 100+ degrees out

leather (agv. have a mesh motogp but rarely use it) jeans or/BDU's and boots (agv/timbs/tac boots) almost always. VERY rarely Id twist to 7-11 or the grocery store without a jacket and even that feels strange to me.

Mesh Jacket. Take a look at a cooling vest (you can order online or cycle gear for about $30); When I hit those really hot trackdays I"ll submerge it in my ice cooler, wring it out and put it on under my leathers. Keeps me cool long enough to get rolling and takes the edge off the heat.

However, must of the time I just don't ride when it gets that hot.

Against better judgement, you can do like this guy did last year in St. Louis,

and he rode like this for almost a week, and definitly made the news . . .

naked cycle.pngnaked cycle 2.png

naked cycle.png

naked cycle 2.png

it really is uncomfortable to wear gear when its hot. in fact, its quite miserable but not half as miserable as the nurse in the ER taking a wire brush to ur ass, arms, shoulders, hands, etc... while getting the rocks and sand out.....:whistle:

Shoei X11, Cortech Flex mesh gear, Icon Merc gauntlets and Icon boots. I purposely rode in the 105 heat we had to see how tolerable it was. It wasn't too bad.

Are you conditioned to the heat? I was a mechanic for years and every year I was exposed to it so I'm a bit more tolerant. Plus some folks just have their limits.

Are you conditioned to the heat? I was a mechanic for years and every year I was exposed to it so I'm a bit more tolerant. Plus some folks just have their limits.

True, very true!! Spent many summers in Florida riding and trying to beat the heat. You really just have to know your limits and obviously Jrod86 found his limits and is not going to be pushing them again anytime soon. Ride, stop, hydrate, cool down, repeat.

Thats exactly what I was doing was testing myself and my gear to see how it was riding on very hot days lol. It does get pretty HOT in the summers here. I handle the heat pretty well or so I thought. I wasnt hot, just the fact I quit sweating and as someone mentioned earlier I was only drinking water. On a good note though Lesson learned and I know what not to do now. Peanuts, gatorade + water, and frequent stops. Limits pushed to the max! No more riding on 106 degree days, Im waiting till its drops to atleast 104 :rofl:

SKnight I tried replying to the Post (TWICE ACTUALLY) about my tail lights you were asking about in my Thank you SKECHE post. It wouldnt let me post for some reason kept saying needed to be approved or something. They are Hot Bodies Racing smoked tail lights. I bought them from their website 79.99 + shipping

I ride when it's 129 out, idk of its hot. I normally wear pants, a mesh jacket, gloves, and a full face helmet.

I rode a mile once with just a helmet on, front wheel locked up and I rolled 86 feet down a hill.

textile jacket, boots, helmet, gauntlet style gloves, blue jeans. but i am fat and need to sweat some weight off. would like to buy a mesh jacket. i ride everyday because my truck doesn't have a/c and the mustang was gutted of all that stuff years ago so it isn't any better.

Back