What if a bunch of Busa's showed up?

Josh, that sounds good.

Shawn I will work on finding out when they are open. My close friend has a funeral home there, he might let us all tour it too. :laugh:

Cool. I am about to get a new cell phone. I will send you the number soon as I get it.

I ride this road almost every weekend during the summer. This past year was terrible for motorcycle wrecks. Almost every weekend something bad happened. All the wrecks that I saw were sportbikes, either running off the road, lowsides, or crossing centerline. I think the state decided to slow the bikes down, because the road was in good shape, otherwise I wouldn't be there riding it. Looks like I'll use 80 instead.

Well I would like to go but, I'd rather get there and back with my bike and myself in one piece :lol:

Well I would like to go but, I'd rather get there and back with my bike and myself in one piece :lol:

The road was given a name and a photographer, then it was like a racetrack for some people. Kind of like the dragon, everyone has to go and ride it. Alot override the abilities and bring unwanted attention to a good road. Unlike the dragon, people live on the lower 1/3 of the road. This will stop most sportbikes from doing what had become the norm for this road. It's own website The Diamondback Motorcycle & Sportscar Route

After totally threadjacking this post I'll get back on subject. Jon, there are plenty of backroads to get there. 28 over to Franklin, we did that together one year. From there several different paths to take. You would need to leave kind of early, or limit the stopping breaks. It's not that far but the slower speeds of the backroads, especially with the more bikes you add. A couple of bikes maybe 2 hrs., 10 bikes probably closer to 3.

Loomis, I am thinking just group everyone and let the crazies out front, the half crazies next, the kinda crazies after that and then let the grandma group go last(gixxerhp can lead that group:poke:)...lmao

Hey dk55, I've been looking at a couple routes too that would be fun. What about 28 back to 74 for a short jump to where 107 comes in. Take 107 down to that 281 you guys were talking about and riding it to 215. I've never been on 281 but always wanted to. I have been on 215 and its a good road to. 215 dead ends at 64 which would take us right into Hendersonville to where the bike gathering is. Looks like about 3 1/2 hours total riding time, what ya think? I'm up for the group thing too and just sort out the different riding styles as we move down the road.

I sent a message to Ohlins last week asking if they would be open on Sat and could we tour the place. I haveny heard anything from them. I'll try again and see if I can do any good.

I sent a message to Ohlins last week asking if they would be open on Sat and could we tour the place. I haveny heard anything from them. I'll try again and see if I can do any good.

Hey Doug, if you can post a time and spot to meet Saturday, that would be great. That way I can post on my MC's site. I have a couple friends that ride busa's that would like to ride out too.

Josh, that sounds good.

Shawn I will work on finding out when they are open. My close friend has a funeral home there, he might let us all tour it too. :laugh:

Good lawd that'd be a good time!!!

Wherever everyones goes saturday morning, Ill go :laugh:

What about the dam shot ?

One reason I suggested a event planner. I know everyone doesn't have to be on same page. Maybe, we can start a thread "Busa Bash Events" anyone that wants to post an event feel free to post it. Whoever wants to attend, could sound off. That way we leave no1 behind.

This way people will at least know what is planned and what is not planned. just my :2cents: Please tell me if I am out of line.. I don't mean to be.

Weather shows t-storms all day Saturday. That blows! Wasn't it beautiful the week before and rained last year too?

We've had forecast like this in the past, woke up to rain, and was beautiful the rest of the day. Looks like we have rides Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

Depending on what everyone wants to do , we could just do a group shot at the Phillips, maybe get Ms Reba in the pic.

Back