What I have been doing at the shop

ditchdr

Registered
Some of you know, and for those who dont, I recently closed my bike repair shop and picked up some part time work at a diffrent local shop. It is a HD shop, but i am slowly brigning in metric bikes to work on and he is cool with it. Since the bike industry is so slow right now we will take anything.. But work has been slow so i have been building project bikes all week.. So here are a few pics. they are off my phone cam so not that great.

0403081725c.jpg

Rigid shovel head project with apes, should be a strong bike when done.

0403081725b.jpg

Custom FXR style frame, bike is almost done, has a 110in motor with a 6 speed trans. Should be a real whellie machine.

0403081730a.jpg

And finaly the mutant.. this is a Redneck Engineering frame, has a sporster motor and trans. Motor in it now is just for mock up the final motor will be a S&S 100ci sporty engine with a 6 speed tranny. This thing will be a rocket!!!!

Sure just dont bring any tools, boss will not let you bring any tools into his shop. Provides them all

Sure just dont bring any tools, boss will not let you bring any tools into his shop. Provides them all
well that is bassakwards of any place I ever worked
laugh.gif

It sounds like someone scammed him for some tools.. "I brought them in, they are mine"

He said it is a new thing a lot of the shops are going to.. That way they cant walk out wiht shop tools and what have you. Cost a good bit upfront, but saves money in the long run.

Hey man, since ya are so bored, can you just build me a drag bike chasis for my busa motor?? Now I want it to use the same wheels and stuff, but I want it to be stretched out so that I can relax while I am going down the track!! LOL!!
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif

Nice bikes by the way. The last one almost looks like a drag bike.
thumb_up.gif

cool.gif

cool.gif

I would love to build drag frames for a living. If I knew I could do it and make a good living for 30 years,, i would be cashing in 401K now

I really enjoy it,, I find it relaxing... SO long as i dont have to track down parts I knew were there

Back