Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What i been up to...

Acehole

The crowbar!
Donating Member
Registered
Hey all,

Since my Busa is waiting on the insurance company to settle the claim. I decided to get my old '83 Shovelhead FLH up and running. Honed the cylinders, polished the valves, new rings, fork oil, voltage regulator, wheel bearing greased and a check of all nuts and bolts and the wiring, blah blah blah...
So as i am wrenching away and admiring the sheer beauty of this old bike, thoughts of all the harley bashing threads came to mind.

Yeah these bikes don't run fast as a Busa or maybe even not as sexy. Sure it can't handle a corner, but me and "Rita" have cut the dragon as hard as she was able.

There is something to be said for being able to strip down one of these old ironhead motors, scraping a knuckle or two and knowing that there is some pretty interesting history in it's back ground.

Who wouldn't want to have say an old GTO or an old Challenger. Could they out run the newer ones of today stock? naw, but taking an old peice of mechanical hardware and putting your sweat into it then hearing it roar to life is to me, one of things that makes life worth living.

Bash the harley posers all you want, most of you know how i feel about them. But appreciate the hard work, desire to build and ingenuity of the people before us and the machines they made and loved.

Oh yeah..here is Rita..

CIMG0478.JPG

CIMG0479.JPG

She is sexy brother, I hope that most of the Harley bashing is more in good fun than serious. If I could afford one, I would have a Night Train. :thumbsup:

Nice looking bike, :thumbsup:

So.... I am out in the garage talking to the bikes (its raining and is supposed to for the next 3 days....) and Dawn comes out and tells me "Ace has got a bike that is actually red'r than the Ducati!"
"Its an '83 Shovel Head", she says this like she has been hanging out in a Harley shop for the last decade and was nothing short of keenly aware of what that actually meant!

I am directed to the Board and..... that baby is RED!

Your post was great Ace, the only problem I have ever had with Harley dudes is my wife starting sh**with them at the FloraBama and then asking me to smooth it over.... which I typically do by pretending I dont speak English as I am slowly dragging her toward the exit door!

Enjoy Rita dude, she is a bute! I'd sure like to have a classic like that in my stable!

Oh, and thanks for getting the Mrs. up to speed on the lingo:thumbsup: should help next time we are at the FloraBama!

So.... I am out in the garage talking to the bikes (its raining and is supposed to for the next 3 days....) and Dawn comes out and tells me "Ace has got a bike that is actually red'r than the Ducati!"
"Its an '83 Shovel Head", she says this like she has been hanging out in a Harley shop for the last decade and was nothing short of keenly aware of what that actually meant!

I am directed to the Board and..... that baby is RED!

Your post was great Ace, the only problem I have ever had with Harley dudes is my wife starting sh**with them at the FloraBama and then asking me to smooth it over.... which I typically do by pretending I dont speak English as I am slowly dragging her toward the exit door!

Enjoy Rita dude, she is a bute! I'd sure like to have a classic like that in my stable!

Oh, and thanks for getting the Mrs. up to speed on the lingo:thumbsup: should help next time we are at the FloraBama!

If anyone wants the real story ask me.....geeeezzzzzz he has a vivid imagination

beautiful bike it makes me miss my 02 Fatboy.
Posted via Mobile Device

:thumbsup:

Nothing wrong with that baby at all. I respect all bike riders myself. The only problem I have is when some Harley owners act like they are too "good" to associate with a metric cruiser or sport biker like they have the best bike in the world. Some guys on Harley's won't even speak to you at a bike event when you say hello.
On the other hand some are really cool. One of my best friends owns an 07 Street Glide and he is the coolest cat you'll ever meet. Now he never meets a stranger no matter where we go.

Anyways, Rita is red hot:whistle:

That's a nice looking HD bro. My dad has an old 78-79 Goldwing I want to get my hands on and rebuild. It's no HD, but like you said, the history behind it and the fact it's my dads.

Ride proud Brother! That's one heck of a ride!!:thumbsup:

Hey all,

Since my Busa is waiting on the insurance company to settle the claim. I decided to get my old '83 Shovelhead FLH up and running. Honed the cylinders, polished the valves, new rings, fork oil, voltage regulator, wheel bearing greased and a check of all nuts and bolts and the wiring, blah blah blah...
So as i am wrenching away and admiring the sheer beauty of this old bike, thoughts of all the harley bashing threads came to mind.

Yeah these bikes don't run fast as a Busa or maybe even not as sexy. Sure it can't handle a corner, but me and "Rita" have cut the dragon as hard as she was able.

There is something to be said for being able to strip down one of these old ironhead motors, scraping a knuckle or two and knowing that there is some pretty interesting history in it's back ground.

Who wouldn't want to have say an old GTO or an old Challenger. Could they out run the newer ones of today stock? naw, but taking an old peice of mechanical hardware and putting your sweat into it then hearing it roar to life is to me, one of things that makes life worth living.

Bash the harley posers all you want, most of you know how i feel about them. But appreciate the hard work, desire to build and ingenuity of the people before us and the machines they made and loved.

Oh yeah..here is Rita..

WoW, what a transition, how are those chaps breakin in? :thumbsup:

Top Bottom