What have you hauled your bike in?

mattyss

Rockin My Reflectors
Donating Member
Registered
I'm going to Florida in march .I want to rent something so i can put the bike inside for the 1100 miles drive from NYC .Also along with me for the ride will be 2 80 lb pits and my wife who's weight I wont state .
I rent from hertz they have a Ford Freestar anyone know if the bike will fit in it along with my other cargo or anyone use a minivan to haul a busa

I have an 85 chevy C-10 pickup named DooDoo brown.
laugh.gif

Seriously, we rent the enclosed u-haul trailers and drill holes in them to mount rings for the straps.

I've hauled 3 bike from Va to Myrtle every year like that.

charlie and i had our bikes in the back of a chevy van , when we webt to the spring bash last year ,. it worked out realy nice was a tight squeeze but we were able to haul ass bolth ways, no extra tolls ! , no extra fuel from haulin a trailer , and most important every bump we hit we didnt have to stop and check the bikes cause they were in view from drivers seat and passanger seat if you can make it fit in the van do it !

also dont know if you have a chock but we bought the baxley sport chocks from charles at street n track makes tieing the bike down and stabeliging it much easier . i think we will probably go the same route for the bash this year , unless we end up with more bikes ?

You might want to rent a cargo van from someone. Most car rentals do not have hitches to avoid people from pulling things and there isnt much room in a freestar

I would go with the small uhaul enclosed but be careful loading it in the back. There was a thread of someone freaking and side spilling while loading. I do not know if they have extended cabs for the dogs or not.

Good Luck in your search

Thanks for all the replies Even though i never really post i read on here so much I feel i know half of you that answered
Those cargo vans charge by the mile like .30 after 250 free the whole round trip is like 2500 miles.The freestar would be free unlimited miles and only cost around $400 for the whole 11 days I am going to do a search to see if anyone rents those extended cab pickups that would be Best option so far .
As far as towing a trailer, A truck I was in lost a CR 250 on the NJ turnpike in heavy traffic at 330 PM on a Sunday 3 cars hit it I get a knot in my stomach every time I tow anything .I figured a mini van I could get down there at a nice pace with no headaches . I thought all the seats came out of those vans but if it doesn't fit it doesn't fit

Yes bike week will be my first time and first vacation in 5 years cant wait

When I bought mine I hauled it from pittsburg to richmond in the back of an extended cab Chevy Canyon.

It was a pretty comfy ride.

I'm trying to find a pic.

(heavybusa @ Dec. 01 2006,13:40) I have an 85 chevy C-10 pickup named DooDoo brown.
laugh.gif

Seriously, we rent the enclosed u-haul trailers and drill holes in them to mount rings for the straps.

I've hauled 3 bike from Va to Myrtle every year like that.
Yeah! Thanks dude!

I rented one of those "hole in the floor" trailers and ruined my sofa!

Thanks buddy. You owe me 13 cents too!

runeight...

poke.gif

i used a Nissan Titan crew cab rented from Enterprise to haul my bike from MS to IL when i bought it last year...there would be plenty of room inside for wife and two dogs and bike fits well in the back...only problem is i think they maight charge for extra mileage also...sorry i don't have any pics...good luck

(ranman @ Dec. 01 2006,18:20)
post-11-26044-dscf1521.jpg
super.gif

That's exactly what I've been looking for. Very nice. Thought it would also serve as a good place to store them during the winter. Would have to find a good way to secure it though.

I assume it's an all aluminium, 7 x 14, V-nose, with rear ramp door, with electric brakes.

Question: could a 7 x 14 haul 4 bikes?

Semi
thanks they do have the king cab and thats what ill go with
Thanks

Back