What happened to my transmission?

My plan was to ride the bike for the summer just no pulls while I get used to the bike. I’ll just skip right over 5th and go 4 to 6.

Figure I’ll find another transmission and send it out to be built. Then when it comes back I’ll find someone to help me. I really don’t know if I have it in me to fix it myself. I’ve lost that ability but who knows.
if vou´re not familary with opening the engine,
give the bike to a shop or a very good mechanic.
its a lemmy say rough job to repair the trans , if u´ve never done that job before.

So everything works except 5th gear. When I give it any gas in 5th, she feels like I have no Cush drive rubbers and it feels like she is spinning then catching. Every other gear works fine. I know the transmission is hosed, but what part?

Is it safe to drive if I skip 5th? I drove it for about a half hour with zero issues. It never ends. lol. For the record I was not beating on it but I did have a couple missed shifts the other day.

Also only second gear was undercut. Why I have no idea.
I wouldn't risk riding it except to get home of get it to the shop if it's not to far away.

Look who the cat dragged in
cat dragging GIF

Hi. Kiwi Rider. That wae very very good. I have done a few bike trans and car trans but never got to see it all happen like that I also watched how the clutch worked too. Well worth watching!
Hi Mike, so glad you got something out of watching that, it helps to be able to see it like that.
Somebody put a lot of time and effort into those animation videos, so I appreciated the vids as much as you did!

Back