what grade of gas

Big D's Busa

Registered
I have a 05 busa with yoshimura pipes and power programmer usb, I was wondering wat octane of gas u guys use? I heard That after you put the power commander on there u need to use 93??

87 and Just Why would a map change the detonation level (which determines the Octane needed). Remember the lower the octane, the quicker the fuel burns and the higher the Octane the slower it burns. Compression Ratios are really the factor in detonation levels that's why you need higher octane with higher Compression Levels  
beerchug.gif

i always used the highest i could get (usually) 93
until i got on this forum. now i use 87. no problems
& save money too.

(DaCol. @ Aug. 08 2007,16:50) 87 and Just Why would a map change the detonation level (which determines the Octane needed). Remember the lower the octane, the quicker the fuel burns and the higher the Octane the slower it burns. Compression Ratios are really the factor in detonation levels that's why you need higher octane with higher Compression Levels  
beerchug.gif
On some PC's you can add more ignition timing...next week the Busa goes in for new map. Gonna add some more timing, air box w/small mod, BMC Race filter...will be tuning it for 91  
wink.gif

(BA BUSA @ Aug. 08 2007,17:03)
(DaCol. @ Aug. 08 2007,16:50) 87 and Just Why would a map change the detonation level (which determines the Octane needed). Remember the lower the octane, the quicker the fuel burns and the higher the Octane the slower it burns. Compression Ratios are really the factor in detonation levels that's why you need higher octane with higher Compression Levels  
beerchug.gif
On some PC's you can add more ignition timing...next week the Busa goes in for new map. Gonna add some more timing, air box w/small mod, BMC Race filter...will be tuning it for 91  
wink.gif
I agree with you, but you've done more than just a map change and more than likely you've changed you can's also ! That's what I was addressing  
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Also, what is requiring your 91 octane requirement as far as fuel is concerned
rock.gif
? Is you detonation level being lowered, or do you just need a slower burning fuel ?

Sorry guys, couldn't resist, I am in one of those moods this morning, my household goods are being delivered today! I get my Evelyn back! !!WWOOOOO HHHOOOOOO!!

Maybe she should consider Soupy's lowering links, you know, just to help be a little more comfy.

Back