what gps?

I just bought a Magellan Roadmate 1212 at Costco today for $80...Im going to have to fabricate a Mount for it...But it should be pretty easy to do...Going to order a second wire kit for it so i can snip the Cigarette lighter plug and hard wire it in...

Ill post some pics once its all done...

It says your current estimated speed, and is pretty easy to program...
My wife has the 1412 in her car and its a breeze to use...

this units not waterproof but its a portable model so we will see how it does...

A sandwich bag and some tape and your good to go........... that' how I've rolled.

Im thinking Im just going to mount it underneath my DB Windscreen, that will keep the wet off of her if I ever gut stuck...Worst case I pull it off the quick mount and stick it in my tank bag...

Ziplock bag works good.
Used it on a trip to the gap in pouring rain and the GPS never saw water.

Nuvi 670 here with Ram mount.

I just bought a Magellan Roadmate 1212 at Costco today for $80...Im going to have to fabricate a Mount for it...But it should be pretty easy to do...Going to order a second wire kit for it so i can snip the Cigarette lighter plug and hard wire it in...

Ill post some pics once its all done...

It says your current estimated speed, and is pretty easy to program...
My wife has the 1412 in her car and its a breeze to use...

this units not waterproof but its a portable model so we will see how it does...

Make sure 100% that it will accept 12V if you do snip the end off.
I did the same thing on a Garmin GPSV with no problem. Tried that with the nuvi 670 and fried it. Luckily Garmin fixed it under warrenty.
Ended up having to buy something like the pic below.
Nuvi_Hardwire.jpg

I so love my Zumo 550 with XM, bluetooth AND interfaces with my radar detector also. Sometimes the guy that's singing gets quiet so the British lady can talk to me...she even shuts up when the detector goes off! Techmount is a great mount but I don't know what I'll go to when I put a topmount Ohlins damper on. Raydog

mt lassen ride 6-19-07008.JPG

P1010491.JPG

P1010522.JPG

P1010572.JPG

Hey guys....I use a TomTom 330 and it seems to work really well. I was nevery happy with the gps mounts out there for them so I can up with this for myself. It is machined out of billet aluminum, comes with three pieces (Center unit mount, and two fork clamps), all hardware is Staineless steel....you can see and use all your gages, you can reach the unit and use all its functions easily...I am planning on designing them for other models of GPS units in the near future...Let me know what you guys think of it....
and if you are interested in purchasing one drop me an email at
chrisandbev2002@yahoo.ca. I also have a lot more pics than what is posted here and will be happy to email them. Thanks for reading...

DSC00091.jpg

DSC00094.jpg

DSC00097.jpg

DSC04743.JPE

DSC04747.JPE

DSC00093.jpg

Back